Pitch Black Screen on power on (Acer Aspire V3-571G) with leds blinking. 2 random incidents.

dbuffer
dbuffer Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I have an acer aspire v3-571g

On trying to boot up my laptop by pushing the power button, the leds light up and the fan starts ( I can hear it spin) and the laptop starts but the screen remains black and does not even light up. The screen remains pitch black without any change at all.

After force-shutdown 12 to 13 times, I rebooted my laptop and the screen suddenly started working.

This happened once before as well and I didn't think much of it untill it happened again. I don't understand why the screen randomly chose to black out and not respond until after several restarts.

I tried removing the battery, pressing power button for about 30 seconds, rebooting, starting without battery (with power source) and nothing worked. 

It randomly and unexpectedly started working (just like it had stopped).

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,266 Trailblazer

During these random black screen episodes, do you think that Windows actually loads perhaps by hearing the sound of the Windows start melody? Also, is it possible that you somehow inadvertantly toggled the display off, that is, the Fn+F5 display toggle key combo switch?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dbuffer

Thanks for replying.

My windows bootup has no melody so I can't tell.

I'm confident that I did not toggle the display off.

I just know that the leds light up and the fan starts spinning with no change to the screen at all. And this happens completely randomly. After restarting a "force-shutdown" a few times and restarting it again, it unexpectedly and suddenly booted up normally.

• JackE

Few more questions. During these black screen startup episodes---

(1) Have you ever tried the Fn+F5 toggle to see if the screen turns on?

(2) Do you recall if the Acer bios startup logo appears just after powering on?

(3) Have you ever tried to HDMI or VGA out to a TV or external monitor and toggled them on with Fn+F6?

Finally, do you have a habit of opening & closing the lid everytime you step away from the machine, put it in sleep mode or after shutting it down. That is, do you think you open and close the lid a lot during the day?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dbuffer

1. I have tried the Fn+F5 toggle. It does not help. However this toggling works fine when the screen has started up normally.

2. The bios startup logo does not appear at all. In fact, the screen does not even illuminate like it usually does on normal boot (it becomes slightly less dark). It's as if the screen does not know that the power button has been pressed.

3. I haven't tried toggling with another screen but will do so and let you know the results as soon as possible.

4. I never put my laptop on sleep mode. My settings have been set to "do nothing" when lid closes. I open and close my laptop lid somewhat frequently.

Note: My laptop fell and corrupted the hard disk 3 weeks ago. I replaced the hard disk with a new one.Laptop worked completely fine till 2 days ago when this problem started. Don't know if that incident is related or not.

I'll let you know about the alternative screen test as soon as possible. Till then, I really really appreciate the help.

• JackE

My concern is mainly with opening/closing the lid too much, not that it goes to sleep or does nothing on closing the lid. The reason being is that the video & cam ribbon cable follows a tortuous, very tight path thru the hinge area. It is in this area that conductor traces are sometimes cracked or otherwise open-circuited, not being able to get power or otherwise handshake with the rest of the system. To use your words, "It's as if the screen does not know that the power button has been pressed."

So, to rule out a problem with the graphics adapter, it will be good to know if HDMI out to a TV works during a black screen episode. If you can, also try to setup a Win start melody so you know the machine has booted OK during one of these episodes. Finally, I assume you know approximately the frequency of these episodes. It would also be good to know if you just left the lid open and undisturbed for several days, whether this affects the frequency of these episodes. 

Jack E/NJ      

Jack E/NJ

• rahulpower04
    rahulpower04 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi 

I have the same problem in my acer laptop. Could you please tell me how did you fix it ?

Thanks,

Rahul

• JackE

Rahul---If you can hear the Windows welcoming melody that indicates the machine has booted normally, and/or if you can HDMI or VGA out to an external monitor, then you probably only need to replace your video cable. They're available from Amazon for less than $20 with free shipping --- just search the Amazon site with the keywords "V3-571G" and "video cable".

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rahulpower04
    I can hear the fan running. I dont hear any welcoming melody.
  • JackE

Have you tried to HDMI or VGA out yet to an external monitor to make sure your video adapter is OK?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rahulpower04

yes i tried hdmi with tv and i still could not see any display .

• JackE

Did you also try to turn the external TV on and off with the Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 toggle key combos?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrAxe
    MrAxe Member Posts: 1 New User
    JackE said:

Did you also try to turn the external TV on and off with the Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 toggle key combos?

Jack E/NJ

I have done all of these things that you said but none work i had an issue with my wifi on my acer v3-571g and i turned it around disconnected the wires then connected them then when i turned the pc back on my screen didn't even turn on 
  • Manas1
    Manas1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,

I have a Aspire V3-371. The mouse randomly runs all around and once I close the laptop and reopen it works fine. But it happened frequently and hence in the last 2 months, I have had to close and open it very often.

Now the last 2 days the screen took a while after start up to come alive.

From yesterday it is a black screen although I hearing the laptop startup.

What should I do?

Thanks,
    Manas

• Hossainrdy
    Hossainrdy Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am going though the same problem.it is happening 2nd time.first time it was fixed by itself but this time I turned the pc off when it was in sleep.when I start the pc it truned on shows the company logo,please wait then rater turning on the lock screen page it gets black but background light and displays is ok,, fan and laptop is running!!

i tired bettery open amd press power batton for 30sex method but it didn’t work.what should I do?
  • Debojitchanda
    Debojitchanda Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am also facing the black screen issue. It has suddenly stopped working from last 2days. It was sleep mode for a day.  Now after I turned it on only led light is blinking and no display on screen.  Can any one please help