Acer switch 10 (sw5-012) has no audio after updating to windows anniversary update

Leylandyiu
Leylandyiu Member Posts: 2 New User

My tablet has no audio since the update , everything is working fine (e.g: sound icon and drivers ) yet there is no audio... I think windows did that , please help guys , thanks

Answers

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Go to Device Manager>View>Show hidden devices. If you have other devices> IWD Aud-Device_6,  uninstall it. Then, restart your system. Go to Acer support driver downloads for your model. Download Realtek Audio, Platform Drivers Installer, and Quick Access. Install Reltek and then restart system. Install Quick Access and then restart. Finally install Platform Drivers. Restart and you should have sound.

• maxorkaGTi
    maxorkaGTi Member Posts: 16 New User

How did u get the update?Fresh install of windows?Anniversary update need like 16GB free on C:,with only 30gb eMMC hard drive witch i have is really hard to get so muh free space.I after reinstalling my device,but i'm not sure is the anniversary update already added to lastest iso from M$.

• becauseican
    becauseican Member Posts: 2

Hey brotha,

This is what I did.

1) Go to: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

2) Bring up the SW5-012
    3) In driver, download the following:

- Realtek Audio Driver

- Platform Drivers

4) In Application, download 'Quick Access'

5) Unzip all 3 of these

6) Find the 3 setup.exe files in each folder to install

7) Restart your computer.

That should do the trick.

Also, let me know how your camera is doing. Mine doesn't work since the anniversary update. Does your work? Do you have a solution for me? I've been trying to fix this for a few days now. I feel like I'm getting close. It looks like Acer doesn't have a driver yet to fix this issue for my SW5-012.

• Leylandyiu
    Leylandyiu Member Posts: 2 New User

First of all thanks everyone for their kindness , I downloaded the correct sound drivers and the intel drivers then its all back on track . So far I feel like my 64 GB tablet is as fast as it can be. In terms of camera wise mine is still working and well , perhaps you may need to reinstall windows cause I finally solved all the previous problems such as BSOD , device fault , os issue and so on after reinstalled windows 10 the forth time . Overall I guess this cheap little tablet taught me a bunch of tips and tricks on fixing computers , now I always dump all my apps and files on my micro sd card and carry a bootable usb all the time just in case something happens lol xD Have fun guys and see ya all later (hopefully not) Smiley Tongue   

• renus
    renus Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

• escapehere42
    escapehere42 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited October 2021

My tablet has no audio since the update , everything is working fine (e.g: sound icon and drivers ) yet there is no audio... I think windows did that , please help guys , thanks

for solution watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU3PC2vgJj8