Password recovery for erecovery factory reset on acer aspire

sean07
sean07 Member Posts: 5 New User

Can anyone help with a password recovery option for the erecovery factory restore if the password has been forgotten. Ive got an acer aspire running vista basic thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

If you can boot into Vista, have you tried the procedure in this link?

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12869/~/how-do-i-restore-my-computer-using-the-erecovery-management-program%3F

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sean07

Hi yes Ive tried this but its the password Ive forgot and need to recover thanks.  

• JackE

What is your Acer model and number?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sean07

Its an Acer Aspire 5315 running Vista home basic thanks.

• JackE

If you haven't done so already, please follow this Acer video link to try to bypass the password issue via the Alt+F10 boot recovery method.  Report back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sean07

When I do it this way its still asking for the empowering technology password which I dont know.

• JackE

OK. On cold booting, can you tap F2 at the Acer logo screen to enter the bios menu? Or does it ask for a password too?

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• sean07

No it doesnt ask for password to access the bios.

• JackE

Good. Cold boot. At the Acer logo tap F2 to enter the bios menu. One of the headings in the bios menu should have an option to enable D2D recovery. Make sure that option is enabled. Make sure any password options in any of the headings are disabled. Then F10 to save the bios menu changes and exit. Immediately press and hold the Alt key while tapping the F10 to try to restart the erecovery procedure again. Are you still asked for a password now? If so, do another cold boot and repeat. Report back.

Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

• al5
    al5 Member Posts: 1 New User

i need a password to get my device to work, i bought it at a thrift store and it did not come with a password,what can i do to get it to work.

• JackE

If your model is also the Aspire 5315 with WinVista, please follow the earlier instructions. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ