Aspire V3-574G New BIOS v1.35

Okidave
Okidave Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter

On the ACER website there is a new BIOS for the Aspire V3-574G:

BIOSAcer1. Update N16V-GM vbios to 80.28.8F.00.28.1.354.0 MB2016/01/07

Download

The N16V-GM is the NVIDIA GeForce 920M, my laptop came with the NVIDIA GeForce 940M 4GB which is GPU Variant: N16S-GT-S.  Is this BIOS update misnamed or incompatable?

N16S-GT-S

Answers

• giomari_m
    giomari_m Member Posts: 1 New User

The reply from Acer on my inquiry about this issue:

First, please be guidede that BIOS updating is actually one procedure that we highly do not just recommend owners to do on their own unless they are willing enough to take the risk of having the possible breakdown and harm that BIOS updating can do which is no longer reversible and will totally damage the board. Now as for the BIOS contents if you will notice in the selection portion of our website for drivers support, each models are specified in different variants which carry different hardware package where some has the NVIDIA and the other does not have NVIDIA but regardless of the model under the V3-575 series you select, they all carry the same BIOS versions. The BIOS developer is only stating that the said version already carry the new BIOS version for the unit who uses the Nvidia 920M GPU and if not it will not be of use.

• areyuredi
    areyuredi Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm also on the same dilemma. Currently my 574g is at bios version 1.31, deciding whether to update to 1.35 or not.