Aspire VN7-591G left fan unresponsive

ljacquemin20
ljacquemin20 Member Posts: 1 New User

Lately my laptops fans have been turning at full speed for 2 minutes, and then quiet again for 2 minutes, I have noticed this happens even when my laptop is under low load (CPU, RAM, etc. - 10%). I downloaded a fan control app and noticed that my right fan changes it's speed in accordance to my target speed, while the left fan keeps going on and off randomly.

Is there any way I can reset my left fan, or just make sure that it behaves normally again?

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I don't know if it will work but you can give a try. Turn off the notebook and on the back there is a small pinhole where  you need to insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. This will simulate the removal and reinstall of the battery. It could also somehow reset the Embedded controller, but I am not sure.

• Stiggl
    Stiggl Member Posts: 10 New User

I have the same problem.

Last week my right fan started to spin very fast for a few seconds then stopped an after a minute it would start again. The left fan meanwhile is not doing anything. All while the Laptop is under no load.

I noticed that my FPS in games and overwall performance was also worse since that. In Overwatch for example i got easy 60 FPS with no drops but now i sometimes have huge fps drops and my ingame sound is very weird (the game sound seems to be some kind of distorted.

If you have found a solution I would be glad if you could replay.