How to acess Advanced Options in InsydeH20 BIOS?

Hawx
Hawx Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi guys!

Just bought an Acer VN7-592G-54TY, and I'm really happy with it. However, I can't access any advanced option in the BIOS, no matter I'm in Legacy or UEFI BIOS mode or wether the Secure Boot option is on or off. Do someone have a trick? I need to have access to some of the settings that can usually be found in the BIOS...

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

No matter what settings you will apply to the BIOS you will not see more options than you currently see. The settings which are not available are settings which are locked by acer. Thus you cannot change them, unless you make a custom/modded BIOS for the machine.

• Hawx1
    Hawx1 Member Posts: 1 New User

That's a shame.

As someone who knows what he's doing and who need to tweak some minor options to be able to use his personal computer at work, I just don't get why Acer is trying to deter me to modify things on the machine I owned. So I will modifiy my BIOS to be able to do what I want to do, but this is definitely a no-go for me when it will come to buying Acer laptops in the future.

By the way, locking most important features in the BIOS of a PC is illegal in France.