Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

thenry
thenry Member Posts: 17 New User

Hi. I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason. I have tried via wired and wireless connectivity with no joy. The AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed. Please check your network connection and try again. I have tried run as admin, troubleshoot compatibility to which it fails each time. The only thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported. Do you want to download Acer Care Center? to which I press Yes then downloading... dots keep moving until Download failed. Please check your network connection and try again. appears. Is there a direct link to the actual setup file?

Also just to note. I found W10 run a lot smoother when I previously installed W10 carrying over apps etc. from 8.1. This fresh install if you like, upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously. Have I lost any vital software, drivers etc. carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site?

Best Answer

• thenry
    Answer ✓

I finally found a soluation after months of wondering why this is happening. It's my Virgin Media connection, the modem/router as when I connected to my phones wifi, teethering, Acer Care Center instantly updated so something within Virgin Medias network is blocking connectivity. I did try the Virgin Media's router as cause by diabling firewall etc. but with no joy I gave up but didn't try another connection until just now with tethering where as stated problem is sorted. I will report this to Virgin Media and post back anything relevant to this.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Are you trying to download and install Acer Care Center because you lost the recovery partitions?

If they are gone, nothing you can download will put them back.

You will need to go to the Acer store, click ERECOVERY and purchase restore media.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • thenry

philetus No I can go back to factory defaults. I haven't wiped the drive during the upgrade to W10. I merely didn't take anything that's all so W10 installed as it would without any third party software, drivers etc. I don't think I need to purchase recovery but thank you for the heads up.

JordanB I'm trying using that tool with no joy. It cannot seem to use the internet connection. I had this problem on 8.1 too when opening Care Center and clicking on check for program updates. It's always been hit and miss. Any chance Acer can fix this. Connectivity to Acer Care Center program updater for said needs of updating or downloading and installing using AcerCareCenterCheckTool.

I'm not a fan but thank you. I use MPC-HC.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

You should probably go ah with another install. The coopy of Win 10 could be corrupted a littleso, use this tool and download a fresh copy.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• thenry

No problems with the install as far as I'm aware. There may be issues with not carrying over apps, settings from factory defaults, Acer install of 8.1 I'm not sure. Can Acer please take a look at the Care Center. I've had issues previously as mentioned on Windows 8.1. It wasn't an issue downloading the program using AcerCareCenterCheckTool as the program was already on the machine but manually updating using Acer Care Center, it couldn't gain connectivity consistently. It was always hit and miss. Now I'm having no joy whatsoever downloading the program using the AcerCareCenterCheckTool. I haven't got Acer Care Center installed on the machine.

• ianwuk
    ianwuk Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

Did you manage to fix this issue?  I am having the same problem.

• thenry

Hi. Yes I did by obtaining restore discs from Acer. There was an attempt at a workaround by attempting to create restore media via the already recovery partition on the HDD/SSD here > http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Factory-Defaults-From-Fresh-Windows-10/m-p/401214 < but I couldn't complete the steps and instead as mentioned obtained hard copy recovery discs from Acer. Good luck Smiley Happy

• thenry
    Answer ✓

I finally found a soluation after months of wondering why this is happening. It's my Virgin Media connection, the modem/router as when I connected to my phones wifi, teethering, Acer Care Center instantly updated so something within Virgin Medias network is blocking connectivity. I did try the Virgin Media's router as cause by diabling firewall etc. but with no joy I gave up but didn't try another connection until just now with tethering where as stated problem is sorted. I will report this to Virgin Media and post back anything relevant to this.

• ahmedgehad
    ahmedgehad Member Posts: 1 New User

I tried multiple networks but it didn't work