Iconia W700 win10 clean install OEM disk

Axid
Axid Member Posts: 2 New User

Trying to clean install win10 from usb flash drive, but it won't inslall. Getting this:" Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition was reserved by the computer's Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM)". and it's the only disk i can install into

(I updated from win 8.1 to win 10 already. ) Any help?

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I think that deleting all the partitions from the drive could solve the issue. Then windows would create all needed partitions (EFI, system reserved and of course OS partition).

HOWEVER, if you plan to try it like this, I highly recommend to create a complete image of the drive before doing it. If anything will go wrong you can always restore the image. Don't underestimate this, there are a few stories on the forum where on some systems people did not made the backup, and then the method did not work well for them, and they spend countless days to restore the system.

Also why you don't try a refresh of the pc Settings ---> Update and Security ---> Recovery--->Refresh this PC.

You can select to wipe all the data, and thus this would be almost like a clean w10 install.

• Axid
    Axid Member Posts: 2 New User

I tryed this. But i created image disk wrong ( im not that computer smart) and did not check it. Deleted all partitions and  coud not boot from anything ( no boot media message or something). Coud not do from usb, disk was still locked. Endup clone disk with win 8 from over computer into acer. This problem, with protected disk, disappeared. Try to reinstall win with original acer CD's. Finished install with recovery error 0x3, like here  https://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/Restore-failed-error-code-0x3-the-system-can-not-find-the-path/td-p/115059

But windows was working, so i did win10 upgrade,Refresh pc, than clean install from usb. But now on PC name it's name Desktop, and after "clean install" it keep old win folder. i'm wondering now, is it going to give me problems later? 

Should i install other win 8 cd with key ( i have one), how someone recomended in link above and upgrade to 10 all over again?