ACER NITRO keeps rebooting cause of Kernel Crash

Options
Shayan
Shayan Member Posts: 5 New User

Hey There,

I've bought an Acer Nitro VN7-592G black edition for about 1 month ago. The syste keeps rebooting! Windows event views says its because of a Kernel Crash:

Acer Crash.png

Note that the Desktop View is lagging sometimes. specially while im browsing websites. My GUESS is the problem is with Intel HD graphics but i'm not sure.

How can i solve this issue? Is it some serious power problem? Should i contact to guarantee agent?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

please check if your BIOS is version 1.10:

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

check BIOS version/date

if not, update to 1.10:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.10_A_A.zip?acerid=636014735193226656&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20VN7-592G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Shayan
    Options

Did that, but still having the reboot issue! I doubt that its because of the intel HD graphic chipset but im not 100% sure!

What can i do next about it? please help

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

If you believe that the issue is the chipset or the Intel graphics driver you can try to install these drivers from the intel drivers page

ChipsetIntelChipset Driver10.1.1.134.7 MB2016/04/08

Download

IO DriversIntelSerial IO Driver30.63.1519.74.7 MB2015/10/20Download
    OthersIntelThunderbolt Driver10.1.1.951.9 MB2015/10/20Download
    VGAIntelVGA Driver20.19.15.4364175.0 MB2016/05/10Download

If you have these versions already installed or even if you install all of these the problem still persists you can try to install the graphics driver directly from the intel webpage using the method suggested by jose423 in the post below.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-591G-latest-driver-2016/m-p/433870#M10133

For this you will need these drivers from the intel webpage:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-

However, without more information what the error is about or what .sys file causes the crash I cannot tell you for sure that any of the drivers above will solve the issue.

• IronFly
    Options

honestly i doubt that intel graphic is the culprit, since the errors are from kernel power, so power management.

I would try to re-install the drivers suggested by Sharky25k and also re-install Acer power management:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/ePower/ePower_Acer_7.00.8109_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=635809292522812644&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20VN7-592G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

if you are still facing those errors after drivers and software re-install, you can try a factory reset and...if you are still having issue, give Acer support service a call.

• Shayan
    Options

Seems like the problem is with Intel HD graphic chipset and mostly internet browsers!

When i dont use internet, im not experiencing the reboots.

i did changed the default chipset of all apps to (Nvidia Chipset) and the reboot problem seems to solve now (its about 3-4 hours that im not experiencing reboots...

Should i still call guarantee?

• Shayan
    Options

another question is, is it OK to use all apps on Nvidia GPU? My problem completely solved when i change the default GPU of all apps to Nvidia GPU but im worrying if it would harm the system.

• IronFly
    Options
    No problem at all using nvidia only.
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

While there is no issue when you use the Nvidia GPU for all the applications, you will see a decrease in battery life when you use your notebook on battery due to the fact that the dGPU uses more power than the iGPU.

• eco-fr
    eco-fr Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi there on my ACER VN7-592 I have exactly the same issue, it started happening after 6 months use. I can barely use it if it's not plugged in as I fear a random reboot each time I leave it on battery. Sometimes I just leave it next to me doing nothing and suddenly it reboots, without me doing anything at all on it. This is a nightmare. 1000 Euros for this cmon ... I have opened a repair case now with ACER, waiting for their answer on this, I'll keep you posted.