my acer aspire7741Z-4839 has new power adaptor, new battery, new charger, and will not charge off th

bigjarn
bigjarn Member Posts: 5 New User

My acer aspire7741Z-4839 has a new power adaptor, new battery, new charger, and will not run off the charger, or charge the battery, I've tried several things, remove battery hold down power button several seconds re install battery -no change. re-installed battery driver no-change, only thing I can do next is buy a stand alone charger.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

If you have a multimeter, check the output voltage of the charger plug. You may have gotten a bad one. Should be about 15v or more.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bigjarn

Will check it outand let you know.

• bigjarn

I checked the output and discovered they sent the wrong model. the adaptor pin contact is for a three millimeter diameter internal pin, mine is 1.5 millimeter. So the charger was not contacting. I returned it and re-ordered the correct one by model number specically from the original charger model. Even though I gave them the Laptop model number, they were wrong. They accepted their error and took it back no freight charge, with a full refund to my card. I'll let you know if this new one does the trick.

• JackE

>>>I'll let you know if this new one does the trick.>>>

Yes, please!!! Did you perhaps check the output of the old charger?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bigjarn

Yes thatis why I ordered the new one. The old was putting out 31 milli volts. for several seconds and then drift down to ought.

• JackE

Seems like you covered all the bases! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you when you get the correct charger! 8^)

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• bigjarn

Yes the correct model cured the problem. I've checked the old one several times since use the new one THe meter shows good output for several seconds and drifts off to naught. This is the reason I got suckered into the new input plug and battery. Guess i'll be fine for some time to come.John D

• JackE

>>>the correct model cured the problem>>>

Congrats John! Thanks for reporting back.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ