Random keys on my Acer S7 stopped working

Tina11
Tina11 Member Posts: 4 New User

Just yesterday, several keys stopped working on my Acer Aspire s7. I have to bring up the touch screen keyboard to get them to work. They are 5,7,9,-, and a capitol D. Weirdly, the lower case d works. None of the special characters above the malfunctioning numbers work. There wasn't any spill that I know of, but it's certainly possible water got on it somehow. Has anyone had this problem? Does it sound mechanical, IE water or some other kind of damage, or does it sound potentially like some kind of virus? And in the more likely scenario that it IS a water or dirt issue, does anyone know what kind of solution might be possible? Can the keys be easily removed and cleaned? I did already try the compressed air keyboard thing.

Any help or ideas are hugely appreciated!

Answers

• Tina11

I should also add- when I start up the computer, the password box is full of the black dots as if a key is stuck.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks guys!

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Which model do you own exactly?

France
  • Tina11
    Hi Laurent!
    I have an Aspire S7, model MS 2364.

• laurent_14

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • Tina11
    Unfortunately the sticker with the serial number seems to have fallen off. The long strip that has the model number and manufacturing info doesn't have a serial.
  • laurent_14

In this case, you'll also find it using Acer Care Center "My system - S/N". I suggest you to note the full serial number, only for you.

See you tomorrow...

France