Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition Battery Stopped Working

cfortney
cfortney Member Posts: 15 New User

Just ordered a brand new V15 Nitro Black Edition (Skylake). I turned it on, set up Windows 10, everything was working perfectly. I had also ordered an m.2 SSD, so I decided to pop the laptop open and install it. Installation seemingly went smoothly, but now the laptop won't boot without the power adapter plugged in. It seems like the battery must have come disconnected? Not really sure where to start, I don't see any loose cables on the inside of the case. I removed the SSD to see if it wasn't playing nicely, didn't make a difference.

Help!!!!

Best Answer

• cfortney
    Answer ✓

I seemed to have easily solved the problem - it would not boot up on battery without all of the screws on the bottom of the case replaced. I guess this thread could serve as a quick answer for someone in the same situation though! I panicked too quickly. 

Answers

• cfortney
    Answer ✓

I seemed to have easily solved the problem - it would not boot up on battery without all of the screws on the bottom of the case replaced. I guess this thread could serve as a quick answer for someone in the same situation though! I panicked too quickly. 

• pib319
    pib319 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

You are my hero.

I'm in this exact situation right now.

• paullagreca
    paullagreca Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm in this situation but this isn't helping me at all, does anyone know any other solutions?