Acer One 10 S1002: Keeps connecting-disconnecting tab from keyboard/HDD repeatedly

CharmaineWho
CharmaineWho Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Tried updating everything already, aside from the platform drivers I have downloaded from acer. It always fails. Please help me. Anyone at all...

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi CharmaineWho,

I'm not sure I fully understand what is disconnecting. Are you saying you keep hearing a noise like the KB/Tablet are connecting/disconnecting over and over?

Cory

• CharmaineWho

Connecting and disconnecting like the HDD with the keyboard frequently gets connected and disconnected from the tab. Everything is up to date; the firmware, bios, drivers. Nothing is wrong with the hardware. It's been very annoying because all my files are in the HDD and everytime I try to edit or watch something from it, I get disrupted. If by noise you mean the sound Windows make when a device or a drive is connected/disconnected , then yes. Please, I hope you could give me a solution.

• CharmaineWho
    Hey, I really need answers. So, please. Any solution at all?
  • junix
    junix Member Posts: 5 New User

same problem here.. have you fixed  yours?

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi All,

Sorry I missed the responce from Chamainewho. A couple of suggestions that I can suggest would be to make sure that the contacts are clean. If there is a little bit of grime, q-tips and a small amount of rubbing alcohol would be the best way to clean them.

If the problem continues, I might suggest doing a system recovery of the tablet to ensure there isn't a software problem. Finally, I'd contact support and look into repair options.

Cory

• vijayendra16
    vijayendra16 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

I have the same issue. What i have also noticed is that every time the HDD disconnects with the windows sound, any device attached to the USB (on the right side) also disconnects and reconnects. I had reinstalled the OS earlier but still the same issue.

What could be the problem?

• junix

it seems that there is no solution for this.. ive tried everything, it just dont work.. Smiley Sad 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Have you tried turning off all power saving "features" (Control Panel > Power).

Is this an external HDD ?

• vijayendra16
    The one that's disconnecting and reconnecting is the inbuilt one but any connected HDD to the USB also disconnects and reconnects when the inbuilt one does. And it does pretty frequently. Wi check for the power setting but I doubt it to be the issue as the disconnection and reconnection happens every 5-10 minutes.
  • CharmaineWho

Until now, to no avail, I still haven't figured it out. I've done everything: reset, updated, reformat...nothing works.  Acer seems be ignoring this problem and keeps on insisting that the only thing to do is have the hardware repaired, which I really doubt is the problem. I think this is a BIOS problem or something. I'm getting tired of getting nothing from these dudes.

• padgett

Sounds like a hardware issue to me but might get a copy of BatteryInfoView from Nirsoft (free), set it to monitor, and see if it records any fluctuations.

ps is this happening both on battery and on mains power ?

• CharmaineWho

The keyboard and touchpad works just fine. Yes, it happens both on power and battery.

• vijayendra16
    Yes. Happens on both battery and mains. There so many of us who have this issue. I wonder why why Acer hasn't taken note and done something about this?
  • padgett

And did BatteryInfoView show anything ?

• junix

i think so.. when i tried to open my computer or even documents and folders it disconnects and then connect.. then after 10 or 30 mins.. it disconnects again. 

• junix

what does power saving features has to do with this problem?

• vijayendra16

What should i look for in batteryinfo view?

• padgett

Set it to monitor with as short an interval as possible then work normally until the anomaly occurs then see if anything intersting was recorded.

Right now I am leaning towards a hardware and possibly an overtemp issue.

If overtemp do you have any way to direct a fan on the back of the unit and see if anything changes ?

• pratuls
    pratuls Member Posts: 1 New User

I am also having the same problem for past few days, the keyboard and HDD keeps on connecting and disconnecting on its own and would open the windows explorer window for the hard disks...this is really annoying..

Have you found the solution for this?

Would really appreciate suggestion.

Warm Regards

Dr Pratul Sharma

• vijayendra16
    No solution yet. I don't think anyone has gone to a service center to see what they say. I don't want to go as these are generally multi brand service center's and the first thing that they would ask is to leave your laptop and I don't trust them.
This discussion has been closed.