Problem with new XB271HU

philthy84
philthy84 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives

I recently purchased a Predator XB271HU. Everything was working well with it for a little over a week but recently my monitor will go completly black but my computer is still running and sending a signal since the monitor LED light is still blue. Only way to get my monitor working again is to unplug and reboot the display but this gets annoying. I also noticed on my OSD the "Quick Start" option has completely dissapeared what could have caused this option to no longer show up anymore?

Any help suggestions before I send this thing back to Amazon? I really don't want to since it has no other issues other that this.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Do you have another computer you can try to test it on? Maybe it is something with the GPU, or a setting that is causing this. Not sure what could have caused the Quick Start option to disappear. Did you switch inputs you are using?

• Wrell
    Wrell Member Posts: 3 New User

Did this problem ever get solved? I am having the same problem with my Recertified unit

• Dynamite_Jewduh
    Dynamite_Jewduh Member Posts: 4 New User

Me too, it seems to happen when I use the DP port, I havent tested HDMI, but I'm am testing it now. The monitor was working fine for about a week like the OP said. I may just send the monitor back.

• Wrell

Mine was refurbished, but it didn't even last the day, I do find that it will last longer if you unplug the power for 10 minutes or so, but mine still wont last longer about 20m

• Blayn-Acer
    Sorry, I looked into this, and am unable to duplicate the issue you are describing. What video card are you using and what driver version?
  • Wrell

I am using the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G with the newest drivers (version 368.39)

• Blayn-Acer
    Have you tried other driver versions with the same result? Let me see if I can duplicate this setup and I will report back my findings. Please allow a few days.
  • Blayn-Acer
    Can you send me a private message with your serial number? I want to try to see what firmware your monitor is running.
  • Dynamite_Jewduh
    Last night my monitor keep going black with the blue light every 2 minutes. I finally gave up and sent a refund to amazon. I suggest you guys do the same, I have the latest drivers from nvidia (gtx 1080) and even tested intel integrated with the same result. Usually the screen would take about 10+ minutes, but this is the worse it has ever been.
  • ecalogia
    ecalogia Member Posts: 1 New User

I encountered the same exact problem this morning. Monitor worked fine last night when it arrived by mail, switched off the computer for the evening, and now all that will turn on when I hit the power button is the blue LED and the backlight. No splash screen, no "no signal" display. Have tried multiple cables, plugging the whole thing into another computer, etc. GPU was also a 980ti but that shouldn't matter if the ACER logo won't even display. Looks like a bad batch.

Going to RMA to Newegg.

• Wahots
    Wahots Member Posts: 2 New User

I have this issue too. Its super depressing to hear that it also blackscreens on DP, I was hoping this was limited to HDMI. Basically it blackscreens on boot. I have tried two cables, one of which i have used for years. I hooked up a computer and a laptop and both had the blackscreening issue. It also blackscreened when I jumped into a game. the only solution i have found is to unplug and replug it until it starts working. Looks like I might have to RMA this almost perfect product. Smiley Sad

• Dynamite_Jewduh
    I got a refund and brought another one from micro center. So far everything is working fine. I brought an Accell DP cord this time, just to be Vesa compliant. This monitor is awesome when it works, I hope you get fix the issue as well.
  • Wahots
    Wahots Member Posts: 2 New User
    Looks like I will have to return this. I can barely play games on it unfortunately. Bought this off Newegg and they shipped it in it's regular case box, not really surprised it got damaged. I'll try off a different retailer I guess.
  • Hugues
    Hugues Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello Acer team,

Since 3 weeks, my monitor XB271HU can't switch on without unplugging and replugging its power cable.
    It's happening whatever the CG used as I have tested it on my gaming PC and my MacBook laptop.
    This issue looks to be well known according to your tech forum and I'm wondering what is the most appropiate action to take now?
    FYI, I have sent you a ticket few minutes ago.

Looking forward your feedback.
    Thank you in advance.
  • Mark_Cardiff
    Mark_Cardiff Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Wahots said:
    Looks like I will have to return this. I can barely play games on it unfortunately. Bought this off Newegg and they shipped it in it's regular case box, not really surprised it got damaged. I'll try off a different retailer I guess.
    I have the same issue.  Did you managed to get it repaired and if so what was the cost?

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/578295/predator-xb271hu-power-and-osd-buttons-unresponsive-nothing-displayed-apart-from-black/p1?new=1