No sound from speakers or earphones on Aspire SW5-012.

DeeBeeAk
DeeBeeAk Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I have an Aspire SW5-012. Suddenly today no sound will come from the speakers or earphones. Both have previously worked fine. My bluetooth speaker continues to work fine. I have checked the device manager and updated the driver for the Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) and restarted my computer. Device manager indicates that the driver for Realtek I2S Audio Codec is up to date. Device manager further indicates that the speakers are working properly.  Any suggestions for resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Yes, continue with intructions including SST audio from Acer Download site. You can also check Windows update after performing the above.

Answers

• hgmartin9

Go to Device Manager>View>Show hidden devices. If you have other devices> IWD Aud-Device_6,  uninstall it. Then, restart your system. Go to Acer support driver downloads for your model. Download Realtek Audio, Platform Drivers Installer, and Quick Access. Install Reltek and then restart system. Install Quick Access and then restart. Finally install Platform Drivers. Restart and you should have sound.

• DeeBeeAk

No other devices are listed under "Audio inputs and outputs" or "Sound, video and game controllers" when I view hidden devices. Should I still follow your remaining advice and download/install the 3 drivers you list? What about the Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) driver? Thanks!

• hgmartin9
    Answer ✓

Yes, continue with intructions including SST audio from Acer Download site. You can also check Windows update after performing the above.

• DeeBeeAk

Sorry to be a bother, but when I begin to install Intel Platform Drivers Installer a message comes up saying "The versions of the drivers that are installed on the system are the same or newer than what you are about to install...." Should I continue?  Being non-technically savvy I don't want to create more problems than I'm trying to solve!

• DeeBeeAk

I decided to go ahead with the recommended installations and my problem has been solved! Thank you so much hgmartin9!1

• RonZimmerman
    RonZimmerman Member Posts: 3 New User

I did as you instructed and it worked, but after a few hours the x reappeared by the speaker and there was no sound. I could not get the volume to remain above zero. 

• words4fun
    words4fun Member Posts: 1 New User

My SW5-015 doesnt have sound either, and doesn't even indicate that it has a driver in Device Manager. Realtek shows up when I look in the "uninstall a program" option, but otherwise I don't see it anywhere. I tried re-installing Realtek, but I still can't see it in Device Manager. In fact, no sound driver option at all shows up in Device Manager. 

Also, I lost the touch screen feature for the tablet, seemingly out of nowhere. Both sound and touch screen used to work, which just seems to make this issue even more weird. 

• osdanfx
    osdanfx Member Posts: 2 New User

Windows not install the suitable driver automatically

and you need to follow the manual of this webpage
    this resolve the problem with the audio of Acer SW5-012

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/Intel/Intel-SST-Audio-Device-WDM-Driver-604-10135-3202-10118-for-Windows-10.shtml

Smiley Happy

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]