Aspire V5-571 - Maximum RAM

alex_ncfc
alex_ncfc Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited December 2022 in Aspire Laptops

I know this will seem a bit of a silly question as I am already aware that the maximum RAM for my Aspire V5 571 laptop is 8GB, as it says in the specifications.

What I was wondering was, has anybody tried successfully to install more RAM on this laptop than the "maximum" of 8GB? I ask because I remember having a machine before that said the maximum RAM was 4GB but it accepted 8GB without problems. So I just thought I'd check to see if anyone has been brave enough to buy more than the total of 8GB to try in this particular laptop!

Thanks for any feedback

Best Answer

• J6
    J6 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hello from 2022, Acer Aspire V5-571G can use up to 16gb ram.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

For information, I found a memory module of 8Gb for the Aspire V5-571 series so...:

Spoiler
    KN.8GB07.005SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600 (Kingston - link only for the picture)
    France
  • alex_ncfc

Thanks for the reply.

I was just wondering if anyone has actually tried installing more RAM into the system than the 8GB? I would be certainly interested to find out Smiley Happy 

I am on 6GB currently and can obviously upgrade to 8GB but I don't see it as a massive enough jump to warrant.

What is it that limits the RAM amount these days anyway? Back in the day it used to be 32-bit processors, but now this isn't the case, what actually limits my ability to put a certain amount of RAM in my machine?? Would love to put 12 or 16GB in this.

• AngeloMark11
    AngeloMark11 Member Posts: 24 New User

Hello,

Can you tell me the Specs of your laptop. It actually depends on your processor if it can handle more ram than the given ram when you bought it. You can check you ram slots in task manager, I mean to see if both slots are used. If only one is used and you have 8Gb ram, it means you can still upgrade to 16Gb ram (2x8).

• brike2017
    brike2017 Member Posts: 1 New User

I had 6 GB (2+4). I removed the 2 GB chip and added a 4 GB with success. Then I got greedy and used an 8GB chip in addition to the 4GB, and it booted, but it restarted randomly, acted weird - unstable. I have been using only 8GB (2x4) since. My computer has an Intel i5. 16 GB is too much for it. You run out of processor juice before you run out of RAM. 8GB is great.

• J6
    Answer ✓
  • bruber
    bruber Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2022
    Hello J6
    thank for your snapshoot screen.

from your last feed back May 22:
    I've an Aspire V5-571G - current RAM  is 4GB 2xR8 PC3 10600S  - Core I5.

Is  your config  well running with this highest speed of your PC3-1600?
    I want to switch on it so as to reach 16GB RAM (linux usage)
    B Regard

• alex_ncfc
    edited June 2022
    J6 said:
    Thanks for the screenshot confirming this.

Unfortunately, although I am still using this laptop years after making the first post, I am going to be upgrading and replacing it, so no point me doing any RAM upgrades on this machine now, but interesting to know now that it would have taken 16GB. 

Just out of curiosity, I notice in your system summary above that you have two hard drives, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB drive, how have you managed to fit 2 storage drives in this laptop? My summary just shows my SSD and my DVD-RW drive!
  • J6
    alex_ncfc said:
    J6 said:

Just out of curiosity, I notice in your system summary above that you have two hard drives, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB drive, how have you managed to fit 2 storage drives in this laptop? My summary just shows my SSD and my DVD-RW drive!
    As you can see - i dont have a dvd drive, i replace it with Universal 2nd HDD Caddy 9.5mm SATA 3.0  and put 1tb hdd on it. So Ssd drice for system and hdd for other stuff. This gave a huge boost to overall performance. The plans are to replace the CPU with the most productive CPU from the supported line
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    alex_ncfc said:

I know this will seem a bit of a silly question as I am already aware that the maximum RAM for my Aspire V5 571 laptop is 8GB, as it says in the specifications.

What I was wondering was, has anybody tried successfully to install more RAM on this laptop than the "maximum" of 8GB? I ask because I remember having a machine before that said the maximum RAM was 4GB but it accepted 8GB without problems. So I just thought I'd check to see if anyone has been brave enough to buy more than the total of 8GB to try in this particular laptop!

Thanks for any feedback

Just to add further to this post, as I've got extensive updating experience and about 9 years usage of the Aspire V3-571G with the i7-3610QM cpu NVIDIA GT-640 gpu (btw, this laptop is an excellent laptop and has served me well and is basically the same laptop as the V5's) so what I did is this, I did the "Crucial System Scan" when it first came out (as it hasn't been around for that long) and what the Crucial Scan recommends is a total of 16GB into its 2x slots at DDR3-1600Mhz but and if you look at this same cpu the i7-3610QM's specs from Intel, they quote a max memory specs at 32GB for this cpu, which its memory is limited with the motherboard design by Acer (for battery life and overheating purposes) but and as far as Crucial is concerned, the max 2x ram for the V3-571G is 16GB at DDR3-1600Mhz which and also be aware, that you will get higher temps, so allow for that like I did with 2x extra vent holes that I modified into the V3-5671G's case and I also use a tablet cooler to reduce heat, as this laptop always overheated from new.

Also and in addition, I've upgraded my V3-571G to 2x 8GB DDR3-1600MHz in Dual channel and it works just fine but, it didn't make much of a difference in comparison to what I had before, as I upgrade the ram to the Hynix 2x 8GB DDR-1866MHz CL13 type PC3-14900 type ram in dual channel and that worked exceptionally well and when I did the Crucial System Scan with this DDR3-1866Mhz CL13 ram, the Crucial Scan said that "this V3-571G is the fastest that they have recorded" so take that also as a guide. Good luck and hope this helps you out. 
  • wezmykat
    wezmykat Member Posts: 1 New User

V5-571P touchscreen windows 8 with core i3 3217U everywhere said max 8GB, I just put in 2x8 and it works great, just saved a bunch of money not buying a new laptop, did SSD too, this thing is now blazing fast.

This discussion has been closed.