Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgrade?

claireeo
claireeo Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 5750G. Last night, my computer randomly decided to do the Windows 10 upgrade. (I did not click okay, or accept the terms or conditions or anything. It just logged off and started doing the upgrade, and I couldn't quit out of it.) Anyway, I didn't get a chance to check if all of the drivers etc. were compatible with windows 10. After the upgrade, most things seem to be working fine so far. However, the scroll bar on my mouse trackpad no longer works. Is this something I can fix by simply upgrading the driver? If so, where do I find the correct one?

Are there any other drivers that I should upgrade? I was told by a friend that I should upgrade drivers from the generic microsoft ones, and install better drivers that are specific to the brand of my computer. However, Acer only seems to have downloadable drivers for Windows 7 or 8 for my computer?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Claire.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

A perhaps more relevant question right now is if you want to stay with the unintentional Win10 installation or go back to your original factory-installed Windows 7 version?

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ