Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connect to wireless internet.

mills7491
mills7491 Member Posts: 1 New User

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Answers

• Hi Mills,

1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")
    2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com
    3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.
    4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.
  • klight26
    klight26 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you so much for posting this solution. My acer laptop has always had internet issue and it completely stopped connecting about a month ago. I came across your post and I just cant express my gratitude, you're ace Smiley Wink

• Gdb8100
    Gdb8100 Member Posts: 1 New User

Having same issues with my new aspire switch 10. Question is if I delete the device (broadcom wireless) and restart, how will I get back on internet to download new driver?

Thanks George