Hi, I am recovering my aspire 5733-6424 using the recovery disk I ordered from acer.

llear1955
llear1955 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I don't know if this is the right location for this question but I did not see my laptop in the list or understand the choices in the select location colum.  I started the recovery and I put in all the disks and I am now at the point where all the disks are out of the laptop and the software and updates are being installed. I got to the screen that says its installing sysprep-factory mode. The progress bar is full and its at 36 of 36 and after where it says installing sysprep-factory mode.... it has these pulsating dots that looks like its still loading info. but its been at this point for about ten hours now,( left it over night) is it frozen or is it posible it takes this long. Thanks for any help.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Did it tell you to take out the last disk before it was completely finished?

I would put it back in and see if it helps. 

• llear1955
    llear1955 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi and thanks for your reply. I tried to do the recovery a few times and each time it would stop working at diferrent points of the recovery. It made it all the way to configureing windows and I thought it was just about finnised when I got an error massage Restore failed error code ox45d ( wim apply image cannot be performed because of an I/O device error. After that I was able to log on to windows but it is very unstable and I tried the fixits in the help sections but they didn't work. I think the hard drive is on its way out.