I have updated my old Acer Aspire 9504 to Windows 10 home but it needs multimedia drivers is there a

chrissy30
chrissy30 Member Posts: 3 New User

I haved just updated my old Acer Aspire 9505 to Windows 10 home and it runs fine but it is missing the Wireless driver and in device manager it has an exclamation mark against Multi media device. Can anyone suggest anything?

Answers

• Alex5
    Alex5 Member Posts: 8 New User

What OS did you upgrade from? Did you check the Acer drivers page (http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers)?

• chrissy30

Yes I checked on the Acer site. The laptop is quite old and originally ran XP but I manged to upgrade it via Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 but in Device manager it asks for a multimedia driver but using the driver update no driver found and none in Windows 10  Windows 10 sorted out the other drivers although only a basic Video driver but that was Ok as I can manage with that.  I only use it now as a spare laptop.  I just thought it was too good a laptop to chuck away when it still works.  Even connects to the internet via it's own wireless driver. It cost me over a thousand pounds when I bought it back in 2005.  Amazing laptop too.

• Alex5
    Alex5 Member Posts: 8 New User

Alright, did you try this website with DriverTuner (http://www.drivertuner.com/installer/?seed=acer)? Also, I noticed that the header says Aspire 9504, but in your post you wrote Aspire 9505. Which one is it?

• chrissy30

Sorry my mistake it's the Aspire 9504WSMi.  I@ve not tried the site you suggested so will do so and see if there is anything that might help.It's such a good laptop that naturally despite it's age I don't want to just dump it and I'm pleased that it updated to Windows 10 via Windows 8.1 quite happily.  I had updated it to Windows 7 initially and the XP drivers worked with that and then I updated to Windows 8.1 and the XP drivers worked with that and Windows 10 seems to have all the necessary drivers apart from the Multimedia driver. Not having it doesn't seem a problem as the laptop seems to work ok and I found an updated sound driver from Realtek so sound is working ok as suddenly is the internal Wireless chip. I had connected a usb wireless dongle as the internal wireless chip didn't seem to work but after I disconnected the USB wireless dongle I found that the internal wireless chip had connected ot my router. It is only b and G standard but that is fine for me. I had hoped the driver for the multimedia would updated itself but it hasn't. I'm not sure what part that is in the laptop although in XP I had the choice of starting Windows or using the Arcade software which of course doesn't work anymore but no problem there.  I do appreciate your suggestions by the way so thanks.