I have aspire M3920 desktop and all of my USB ports in the front are not working any more HELP :(

njoodsn
njoodsn Member Posts: 3 New User

ok so all the USB ports were working just fine, but recently a yellow exclamation mark appeared over Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26) in the device manager, and my PC didn't pop up any USB device that I plug in ,so I uninstalled it in order to reinstall it to try and fix the problem. but now i'm stuck and couldnt get them to work again

Any help or info would be much appreciated. 

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

I might try reinstalling the Chipset driver for the M3920 to see if that helps. Link to Driver

After that it gets a bit tricky and I'd have to recommend backing up your data and doing a recovery.

Thanks,
    Cory

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Answer ✓

I might try reinstalling the Chipset driver for the M3920 to see if that helps. Link to Driver

After that it gets a bit tricky and I'd have to recommend backing up your data and doing a recovery.

Thanks,
    Cory

• njoodsn

thank you for your responed,

when I tried to  reinstalling the Chipset driver, I got a message that the current version that i have in my PC is (10.1.1.14) and the one that im trying to intall is older ( 9.2.0.1015), should I just proceed in and install the older version?

• Cory-Acer

I think it's worth a shot. Worst case you just need to update to the new ones again.

Cory

• njoodsn

it WORKED ! i intalled it and restared my PC and its working just fine now!

Thank you very much.Smiley Very Happy