The new Acer Chromebook 14

ahe
ahe Member Posts: 5 New User

Will the new Acer Chromebook 14 be fanless?

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi ahe,

I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one yet, but Im very confident that this will have a fan. There is no mention of a fanless design in the literature that was released with last weeks announcement.

Cory

• sparky3
    sparky3 Member Posts: 5 New User

Just got mine this week and there is no fan or ventilation holes.

• ahe

Cool sounds great. Could you provide me the model number? I hope that they will offer these fanless models in Europe, too

• sparky3
    sparky3 Member Posts: 5 New User

The unit I received this week is CB3-431-C5FM.

Unfortunately, it appears that we are not yet able to make a recovery USB for this model.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi sparky,

I just recieved and email not 5 minutes ago saying it was there. A quick look on the Windows Chrome Recovery app had the image available. Can you look again? If it's still not there, it may be a global server distribution list and we can take a look at it Monday. https://gyazo.com/eeabc6093f49b7194e92fddc21cc9bf2

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Cory

• jkt
    jkt Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey, Sparky. I saw on another thread that your issue was resolved and that you had an actual hardware issue. I hope things are smooth sailing from now on.

• jkt
    jkt Member Posts: 2 New User

I've read many on-line reviews and almost all of them complain about the keyboard not being backlit. I don't know about you, but I know how to type and I don't look at the keys anyway. In the rare times that I am looking for a character other than the norm it seems the light from the screen is more than enough to see what I am looking for. Anyone else think they need a backlit keyboard?

• ahe

My opinion is, that you pay for this feature and so it has to work correctly I think. In Europe they sell this chromebook for 399 Euros (=445 US-Dollar). So I will look more strictly to things which seems not to work correctly, when they want to have so much money for an "Internet Notebook".

If it is too difficult for Acer to make a feature (just LEDs) work correctly they should remove it and offer their product for less money!