Switch Alpha 12 and Windows To Go Compatibility

mailmangin0
mailmangin0 Member Posts: 3 New User

Our company is in a windows-to-go platform in which allows us to bring our own device (BYOD). 

We are in a Windows 8.1 enterprise and I need my device to have drivers for the machine and windows 8.1 OS.

Can anybody provide the drivers for windows 8.1 

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Windows to Go is a completely seperate Windows instance on a special drive that requires an Enterprise machine to create.

I think it is great that your company is adopting, few did when it came out a few years ago but other than the capability to block off the main drive and use Bitlocker it does not need special divers.

I am not sure what your issue is. Could you be more explicit ? I have a Switch 12 that came with 8.1 but do not have a Switch Alpha 12. When you load WTG, what does not work ?

• mailmangin0
    Hi there,

Thank you for responding.

There is no issue in booting up to the external drive and bit locker

The problem is since our WTG is in windows 8.1 and Switch Alpha is a Windows 10 device. I can't find the set of drivers for SA12 and windows 8.1. Thus i got issues on
    1. Wifi adapters - got no wifi
    2. Graphics in its lowest resolution
    3. Touch screen not working.
    4. Snap in keyboard issues on mouse pad gestures and function keys. And others found in device manager.

So i figured this is just a driver issue. The problem is i cant find the drivers to manually download.

Although I have not tried yet connecting to LAN and auto update as i still got no typec/usb LAN adapter.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Do you know which specific devices you have installed that are having problems (e.g Broadcom WiFi model xxxx). I can check if my original crispy Switch 12 has the same modules in which case the SW12 win 8.1 drivers should work.

It looks like your SW12 is quite different from my SW12 however it looks like you have the Intel Graphics 520 which should use this driver. (Win 7-10 select for 32 or 64 bit)

• mailmangin0
    Thanks padgett, the wifi adpater is qualcomm atheros qca61x4.