Disk data cache: Enabled
Command queuing: NCQ
Transfer rate: 6 Gb/s
Model: HGST HTS721010A9E630

SCSI device ID: 2
Firmware: JB0OA3J0
Physical sector size: 4096 Bytes
Logical sector size: 512 Bytes

now I dont have access to my Data in file explorer  D drive is a recovery drive it has a recovery volume with my C drive  content  

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i doubt that IRST can make your D: a recovery drive, it looks more a windows settings.

please check using Disk management, how many partitions are available:

windows logo key + x

Disk Management

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Danasflyin
    Danasflyin Member Posts: 7 New User

I tried disk management it doesnt show D drive  IRST  does show it as a recovery drive and  a copy of my ssd thanks for the help 

• IronFly

can you please take a screenshot of Disk management and IRST?

• Danasflyin
    Danasflyin Member Posts: 7 New User

sorry dude I hope you can find a job  i couldnt get a screen shot my programs are on d dirve  all i could get was this from IRST  

IronFly wrote:

can you please take a screenshot of Disk management and IRST?

his document outlines the procedure for manually removing the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology driver software and reconfiguring the system to use the native operating system driver for managing storage controllers. To complete this procedure, first print this document for use as a reference. Then, complete Part 1 to determine the SATA controller mode. Depending on the mode determined in Part 1, complete either Part 2A or 2B. WARNING: Reconfiguring the system may result in the loss of data on any RAID volumes currently used by the system. Removing the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from the boot drive or bootable RAID volume may require reinstallation of the operating system. To preserve data integrity, back up all data before proceeding. ************************************************************ * Part 1: Determining the System Mode ************************************************************ The steps for removing this software differ depending on whether the system is running in RAID or AHCI mode. Accessing Device Manager To access the Device Manager in Microsoft Windows* 7: - On the Start menu, select Control Panel. - Click 'Category’ and then select ‘Small icons’ or ‘Large icons’. - Click ‘System’. - Select 'Device Manager' in the left pane. To access the Device Manager in Microsoft Windows* 8: - On the Start window, click the 'PC settings' tile or the 'Desktop' tile. - If you chose the 'PC Settings' tile, click 'More settings' to go to the Control Panel. - If you chose the 'Desktop' tile, open Windows* Explorer and then enter 'Control Panel' in the search text box. - Select 'System and Security' and then select 'System'. - Select 'Device Manager' in the left pane. Determine the system's mode by identifying how the SATA controller is presented within the Device Manager by completing the steps below: 1. In the Device Manager window, look for an entry named Storage Controllers. If this entry is present, expand it and look for one of the following controllers. Otherwise, proceed to step 2: - 'Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller' If the controller above is present, the system is a Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset system in RAID mode. Continue with Part 2A below. - 'Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller' If the controller above is present, the system is a Mobile Express Chipset system in RAID mode. Continue with Part 2A below. - If none of the controllers above are shown, then the system is not running in RAID mode. Continue with step 2 below. 2. In the Device Manager window, look for an entry named 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers'. If this entry is present, expand it and look for one of the following controllers: - 'Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller' If the controller above is present, the system is a C600 Series Chipset system in AHCI mode. Continue with Part 2B below. - 'Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller' If the controller above is present, the system is a Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset system in AHCI mode. Continue with Part 2B below. - 'Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller' If the controller above is present, the system is a Mobile Express Chipset system in AHCI mode. Continue with Part 2B below. - 'Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller' If the controller above is present, the system is a 7 Series/C216 Chipset system in AHCI mode. Continue with Part 2B below. - 'Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller' If the controller above is present, the system is a 7 Series Chipset system in AHCI mode. Continue with Part 2B below. - 'Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller' If the controller above is present, the system is a 8 Series/C220 Chipset system in AHCI mode. Continue with Part 2B below. - 'Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller' If the controller above is present, the system is a 8 Series Chipset system in AHCI mode. Continue with Part 2B below. - 'Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller' If the controller above is present, the system is a 9 Series Chipset system in AHCI mode. Continue with Part 2B below. - If none of the controllers above are shown, then the system is not in AHCI mode. No other modes are supported by the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software. Continue with step 3 below. 3. The system does not appear to be running in RAID or AHCI mode. If you feel that the system is running in RAID or AHCI mode and you do not see any of the controllers listed above, contact the system manufacturer or the place of purchase for assistance. You cannot continue with Part 2 below until the system mode is determined. ************************************************************ * Part 2A: System in RAID Mode ************************************************************ The procedure in this section can only be performed on a system that is in RAID mode. Do not continue with this procedure unless you have completed the steps in Part 1 above to determine this is true for this system. Before continuing, be sure to read the warnings below. WARNINGS: a. If a RAID 0 volume is deleted, all data on that volume will be permanently deleted. Back up all critical data before continuing. b. If system files are located on a disk or volume connected to the RAID controller, these files will be deleted and the operating system will have to be reinstalled. 1. Ensure you have read and understand the warnings listed above. 2. Reboot the system. 3. Note whether you see a splash screen titled 'Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology - Option ROM' during the system startup. If so, continue to step 5. 4. Continue to step 6 if the UEFI driver is installed. If not, continue to step 7. 5. Complete this procedure if the option ROM is installed: 5a. Enter the option ROM Configuration Utility by pressing Ctrl+I when prompted during the system startup. 5b. In the setup program, select menu option 2 to enter 'Delete RAID Volume' menu. 5c. Select the volume you want to delete using up or down arrow keys. 5d. Press the 'Del' key to delete the selected volume, and press the 'Y' key to confirm deletion. Repeat this step as necessary to delete all volumes that are present. 5e. Exit the setup program. 5f. Enter the system BIOS Setup (usually done by either pressing the 'F2' or 'Delete' key as soon as the system begins to boot). 5g. Change the IDE configuration for the Serial ATA Controller from 'RAID' to 'IDE'. 5h. Save changes and exit the system BIOS setup. 6. Complete this procedure if the UEFI driver is installed: 6a. Enter the system BIOS setup (usually done by either pressing the 'F2' or 'Delete' key as soon as the system begins to boot). 6b. Navigate to 'Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology' and press the 'Enter' key. 6c. Navigate to the RAID volume you want to delete using the up and down arrow keys and then press the 'Enter' key. 6d. Select 'Delete' to delete the volume. 6e. Press the 'Enter' key to confirm. 6f. Press the 'Esc' key to exit 'Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology'. 6g. Change the IDE configuration for the Serial ATA Controller from 'RAID' to 'IDE'. 6h. Save changes and exit the system BIOS setup. 7. Complete this procedure if neither the option ROM nor the UEFI driver is installed: 7a. Enter the system BIOS Setup (usually done by either pressing the 'F2' or 'Delete' key as soon as the system begins to boot). 7b. Change the IDE configuration for the Serial ATA Controller from 'RAID' to 'IDE'. 7c. Save changes and exit the system BIOS setup. 8. Reboot the system. ************************************************************ * Part 2B: System in AHCI Mode ************************************************************ The procedure in this section can only be performed on a system that is in AHCI mode. Do not continue with this procedure unless you have completed the steps in Part 1 above to determine this is true for this system. It is recommended that you back up all important data before continuing. 1. Reboot the system. 2. Enter the system BIOS Setup (usually done by either pressing the 'F2' or 'Delete' key as soon as the system begins to boot). 3. Change the IDE configuration for the Serial ATA controller from 'AHCI' to 'IDE'. 4. Save changes and exit the system BIOS setup. 5. Reboot the system. The operating system should start as before. Note: If you experience any difficulties making these changes to the system BIOS, please contact the motherboard manufacturer or the place of purchase for assistance. ************************************************************ * DISCLAIMER ************************************************************ INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH INTEL PRODUCTS. NO LICENSE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY ESTOPPEL OR OTHERWISE, TO ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IS GRANTED BY THIS DOCUMENT. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN INTEL'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR SUCH PRODUCTS, INTEL ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER AND INTEL DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, RELATING TO SALE AND/OR USE OF INTEL PRODUCTS INCLUDING LIABILITY OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT. UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING BY INTEL, THE INTEL PRODUCTS ARE NOT DESIGNED NOR INTENDED FOR ANY APPLICATION IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE INTEL PRODUCT COULD CREATE A SITUATION WHERE PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH MAY OCCUR. Intel may make changes to specifications and product descriptions at any time, without notice. Designers must not rely on the absence or characteristics of any features or instructions marked "reserved" or "undefined". Intel reserves these for future definition and shall have no responsibility whatsoever for conflicts or incompatibilities arising from future changes to them. The information here is subject to change without notice. Do not finalize a design with this information. The products described in this document may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request. Contact your local Intel sales office or your distributor to obtain the latest specifications and before placing your product order. Copies of documents which have an order number and are referenced in this document, or other Intel literature, may be obtained by calling 1-800-548-4725, or go to: http://www.intel.com/#/en_us_01 Intel(R) is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. * Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others Copyright (C), Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
  • IronFly

i can't help you much without those 2 screenshots.....it's like trying to find a spike in a football field, blinded.

• MisterQ
    MisterQ Member Posts: 1 New User

I Have exactly the same problem! Intel Rapid Storage just deleted my D drive on my Predator.

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel2.PNG

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

The only bad experience I had with the Intel Driver was the smart technology. I lost the SSD (vor an moment) until I disabled Smart Response again. This driver does nothing by itself. What you did is missing here.

Maybe the harddrve just died? Do you find it still under devicemanager?

• SIM5175
    SIM5175 Member Posts: 14 New User

Hello guys, i have the same problem. The thing is that we have to undo the volume wich intel rapid storage technology has created. We shuld be able to delete the volume from intel rst. menu wich i think is somewher in BIOS but i dont know how to acces it. May be someone who knows can post here...

• beststevie

There's light in the dark?

You say you have the same problems, so you can explain the problem more detailed?

So you might have the same problem, if you say, you have the same.

Maybe you can eplain a bit more. Scrennshots and so on. You ususally don't need  no driver or it's tool to create or delte a volume. How did you create it?

• SIM5175

Hi again. So when i first started the computer a message pop up from intel rapid storage technology with something i have not give attention because i am like a beginer in this computer works and i didin't understand what the message says.  But i noticed that evry time i start the computer that message keep pop up, so i decided to give him what he wants, and i hit ok, yes,yes and in one moment he asked wich disk to use so i hit on local disk d and finish.

From this point started the problems...my 1tb hdd <local disk d> was mising...  I opened intel rapid storage technology from the icon i have on activity bar, but from ther i only can wiew the status of the disks and change some futures like cache, wich i dont know what it is, any way no restore point to undo what i did....So i start diging on the web for solutions and this its what i learn. I have to enter in BIOS and from ther in Intel rst option rom and ther i will find the butons to undo the raid volume wich i made without knowing what i doo. The problem is that i can not find how to access the intel rst option rom.

• beststevie

ok. there're serveral ways to destroy data with that tool.

could you please send the status screen and the performance sreen:

rapid-1.JPG

rapid-2.JPG

???

• SIM5175

Hi, i dont mind losing data because i dont have yet any. All my data ar still in the old computer.

I even made a factory restore but the problem still persist...Captură ecran (2).pngCaptură ecran (3).png

• beststevie
    Ok, I C clearly now. You created an Sata Array. Can you add the screenshot of "Manage" as well, please? Usually if you delete an Array you loose all data. So it will not be possible, because you are gping to loss your OS at the same time. But please let me have one more screenshot.
  • SIM5175

here you areCaptură ecran (4).png

• SIM5175

one more with advanced mode...Captură ecran (5).png

• beststevie

http://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/irst_user_guide.pdf there you'll find under continuous update policy, that you currently mirroring the data from your ssd to the data hdd. So first step is to unplug the hdd and after closing the notebook, see if it starts properly? The easiest next step could be to take the hdd out and format it. If this does not help low level format it. I have an USB station, I can do that with. Maybe you only can do that, if you have bootable program to delete and recreate the hdd volume.

Update: don't forget to backup your data before!!!

• SIM5175

I am wiling to delete the os too. I have created a windows10 disk on usb stick from microsoft site but if i reinstal the os from beginig i will need an os product key, how can i get that key since my device come with preinstaled os? 

• beststevie

If you're using Identify Key or so you'll find your key, but you won't need it usuallly, because it's bundled with your hardware.

If you never did install an OS better find some, who has the know how. You should download all drivers and so on, too. And if not discovered by the setup you must install Intel driver during installation.

• SIM5175

So what you ar saing is that i have to open the notebook and unplug the hdd?  It is too comlicated for me... The notebook is still in waranty i shuld go with it in service if ther is no other solution...

• beststevie

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Find someone who can help you locally, who is able to install an Windows 10 correctly or ask Acer if they do reset it for you.?

This discussion has been closed.