GATEWAY DX-4300-17 out of service

rrg1553
rrg1553 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a desktop computer GATEWAY DX-4300-17 S/N[edited for privacy]and unfortunately it is out of service. The thing is that the computer has the main switch on/off damaged, and I want to buy it to replace the damaged switch. The part number is CAV 2 ABS P/N IB2IEW400-600 for the superior cover, I don't know if the switch is sold with the superior cover or separately, anyway, the part number for the switch is CAV 1 ABS P/N IB21EVM00-600. Could you please tell me where I can buy this parts?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • rrg1553

Hi,

Here you go...

The first ten would be: PTG8302005

S/N Complete: ***

Sorry but I'm not sure which would be the right...

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Do you need the switch or the pusher (power button cap)?

The switch is part of this set:

Spoiler
    50.G780F.001POWER SW.W/LED.W/HDD LED.CABLE (W=With)
    France
  • rrg1553

Hi guys,

Thanks  alot for your support...

The computer has been fixed, and the switch was fine and now is working perfectly...The problem was with the Power Supply of the computer, unfortunately the voltage supplied by the power supply was insuficient to start the computer, and that's why the computer never turn on when the start bottom was pressed. When  I have changed the old power supply by a new one, the computer turn on inmediately using the supoused damaged switch.

Have a great weekend.