aspire 5600u ub25 upgrade ram

asmeltz
asmeltz Member Posts: 6 New User

I'm looking to upgrade my ram from 8GB to 16GB for my Aspire 5600U-UB25.  Where can I find instructions for installation?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Watch this video. You'll see the memory modules location.

France
  • asmeltz

I'm 100% sure that I can upgrade my RAM from 8GB to 16GB.  The only issue is that I can't find this documented anywhere from Acer.  Will you please assist in finding this information?  Thank you

• laurent_14

Hello,

I checked into my database. The official specifications are: Up to 8Gb but I found a memory module of 8Gb for the Aspire 5600U:

Spoiler
    KN.8GB07.005SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600 (Kingston)

So that means that certain models were shipped with more than 8Gb of memory.

France
  • asmeltz
    Are you familiar with Crucial memory? "www.crucial.com" I ran their compatibility checker and it guaranteed that I can use 16GB(2x8GB).
  • laurent_14

Hello,

Yes. If their memory modules are not compatible, they will refund you so no risks. I would suggest you these ones.

France
  • laurent_14

Hello,

PNY give this part number for your AIO: MN8GSD31600. I hope yours will be compatible.

France
  • asmeltz
    Everything fit, it took a few extra minutes to turn on but it did. I ran the memory diagnostic and it found no issues. It works great!! Do you know why Acer never sends any updates?
  • laurent_14

Hello,

Do you know why Acer never sends any updates?

Are you talking about Acer Care Center?

France
  • asmeltz
    Just overall computer updates....drivers or enhancements. My computer is not eligible for the Acer Care Center. It did come with a pre installed app labeled "Acer Updates", but theirs no history.
  • laurent_14

Honestly I don't use Acer Care Center on my computers. I check the updates on the Acer support website (more sure). In your case, here is the link.

France