My laptop has 2 drives and I can't replace one (V15 VN7-571G)

Azenas
Azenas Member Posts: 1 New User

I just ordered an Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro VN7-571G-50VG and it came with a 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD. I wanted to remove both drives and simply install a 500GB SSD instead. I cloned the contents of the 128GB SSD, which was the C: drive while the 1TB HDD was the D: drive, to the 500GB SSD using Macrium.

When I began to disassemble the laptop, I could only find the 1TB HDD, it was below the keyboard and to the right, just like in other models that I found on YouTube. I removed that, and installed my 500GB SSD. I booted up my laptop to find that it still booted from the 128GB SSD. Since I couldn't find it, I thought to just leave it in there, and instead boot from the 500GB SSD by changing the boot order. I did so, and noted that the 128GB SSD was labeled "HDD0" and the 500GB SSD was labeled "HDD1". However, it still kept booting from the 128GB SSD!

So, where can I find this 128GB SSD so I can take it out and put my 500GB SSD there? Or, how do I change it so that the laptop boots from the 500GB SSD instead?

I can attach pictures of the laptop's interior if needed.

Here is the order link:

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers