ES1-311-C82S with Linux Mint 17.3 doesn't shut down correctly

saltpit
saltpit Member Posts: 7 New User
Hi,

I just bought an ES1-311-C82S - version without OS - and installed Linux Mint 17.3 in Legacy mode successfully. Most things are working out of the box but there's one really annoying issue: the system doesn't shut down correctly. It seems like the shut down process works well but then the laptop doesn't turn off so I have to do that manually.

I checked the BIOS and the current version 1.11 seems to be up to date. Unfortunately there are very few options in the BIOS, so I think I have to enable some kind of advanced settings if possibel. (But I think it's better to open a new topic on this issue.)

I've already disabled the splash screen but that doesn't work either. Another solution I've found is to force ACPI - but can't do that in the BIOS with the limited settings. Smiley Sad

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Best Answer

• saltpit
    Answer ✓

For anyone having the same problem: Upgrading the kernel to 4.4 solved the issue.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

You will probably get better help here,

https://forums.linuxmint.com/

• saltpit

Hi philetus,

thanks for the hint. Unfortunately it's the same problem with Ubuntu, so I don't think it's an issue of the particular Linux distro. And because I can't access the advanced settings in the OS, I can't try the options I've found on the web. That's why I asked my question here,

But I will give the Mint forums a try, too.

• saltpit
    Answer ✓

For anyone having the same problem: Upgrading the kernel to 4.4 solved the issue.

• philetus

I didn't give you a link to a particular Linux distro. I gave you a link to the forum for the distro you said you installed, which I believe was better for asking a Linux Mint software question than a non-linux Acer forum.

• saltpit

I understood that and it was the right approach as I got the right hint on a special Linux Mint forum. Thank you very much!

Just wanted to explain why I asked the question here. Maybe mistakable as Englisch ist not my native language. Sorry about that.

• philetus

It's no problem and you're welcome. Your english is good.