acer aspire es1-511 c7rt problem

jokey092
jokey092 Member Posts: 2 New User

hi if anyone can help from a while my laptop works harder when it s plugged in but on the battery work just fine i upgrade to windows 10 and then installed windows 8.1 but the problem remain.

i upgraded bios to the last version fom de acer support.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

That sounds like there is something wrong with your power supply. The laptop needs

Max. Power Output:65W
    Voltage Output:19V
    Max. Current:3.42A

Test the power supply with a multimeter or have it tested.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

What about power management option? The notebook will have two different plans. One for battery and one for AC Adapter. Something may have changed a setting when the AC Adapter is plugged in and it's causing problems.

Here is a video I found quickly that shows a user going into the Power and Settings. The setting he's using, I'm not sure I'd recommend, but it will get you in the right place. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVOZZFjmTU

Cory

• jokey092
    jokey092 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I found many people having this problem is neither a power supply,os or bios upgrade problem since i tested another power supply try both 8.1 and 10 windows and downgrade my bios version maybe is a board problem since when it's on battery power it work just fine and also when it reaches 100% battery level it starts works normal