VN7-591G latest driver 2016

chrixtopher
chrixtopher Member Posts: 8 New User

Where can I download latest driver for VN7-591G?

Intel don't let me auto upgrade. It said "customized computer manufacture driver".

But ACER never update the driver... I constantly having intel graphic card error yet I cant update the driver!

If you going to customize the driver in the first place, PLEASE DO UPDATE THEM IN THE LAST PLACE!!

Best Answer

• jose423
    jose423 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Answer ✓

chrixtopher,

Windows 10 process.

I am able to update to 4424 doing the following steps:

1. Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25951/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496 and download the zip version.

2. Unzip the downloaded file.

3. Open Device Manager. Uncollapse Display adapters. Right-click Intel HD Graphics 4600. Select Update Driver Software...

4. Select Browse my Computer for driver Software. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers. Select Have Disk... Select Browse. Navigate to the file extracted in step 2 (should be win64_154022.4424). Navigate to Graphics folder. Select igdlh64.inf. Select Open. Select OK.

5. Select Intel HD Graphics 4600 in Update Driver Software window. Select Next. Wait for Installing driver software process to finish. Select Close.

At this point, the intel graphics driver 20.19.15.4424 is finished installing. I then go ahead and run the setup.exe from the extracted folder without errors.

I have also seen the Intel graphics stopped working error when starting up full screen videos. The issue is very intermittent for me.

Answers

• chrixtopher

This only solve nvidia driver problem. not Intel chipset driver...

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

You only mentioned 1 problem. The graphics driver. Have you tried the chipset driver from http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• chrixtopher

Yes, i did mentioned "intel graphic card error", there's not problem with the nvidia driver, is the intel driver outdated.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Read this thread: http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Display-driver-stopped-responding-an-has-recovered/m-p/417961#U417961

And follow the steps from there.

To be short first you uninstall your display driver as stated in the post.

Then restart, run the windows diagnostic tool and disable update on intel drivers

Check again if windows installed the driver during this time and uninstall it again

Restart and go to intel web page and download your latest driver, and install it.

• philetus

I think he fixed his graphics card problem.

• sharky25k

philetus wrote:

I think he fixed his graphics card problem.

Hi,

To be honest, I think you are reading the posts diagonally. Ye, you will tell me that I am rude but this is what I conclude.

He mentions that he has problem with the INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVER. You redirect him to the nvidia graphics trubleshooting and solutions.

Next he mentions that the solution is for Nvidia, and does not solve the problem for INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVER.

And you tell him to go to install the chipset drivers.

You need to assume that not all the users are experienced and can missuse some words like he suggested that the chipset driver is the issue (but above he tells you that the problem is the graphics driver). You need to keep track of the entire discussion not just the last post.

Honest question? What's the link between intel graphics driver and chipset. The intel HD graphics "card" (not correct term) is actually a small graphics processor right inside the CPU itself, and it is used for most tasks except for some dedicated software which use the dedicated GPU (based on Nvidia optimus suggestions).

The cipset controls other things in the computer like I/O,(of course controls the connection between CPU GPU's and so on) and various sensors, while it is good to have it up to date IT DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVER. The Intel HD Graphics (4600 in his case) is a self standing driver, which in case of his computer is 4248 version (if I remember well) the $hitty one which is installed by windows 10 because the manufacturer suggests it. And it probably the driver which is the buggiest from all intel drivers.

I read the posts vertically and not diagonally and he states clearly that your solution did not solve the INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVER problem.

chrixtopher wrote:

Yes, i did mentioned "intel graphic card error", there's not problem with the nvidia driver, is the intel driver outdated

I apologize if you fell offended but I needed to highlight that the issue was not solved as you state.

This should be sent even more above to Acer technicians, to change the driver version which they suggest for the notebook, thus will solve many people problem (I am sure that most of the people which have this problem they just ignore it or they don't even come to ask for help).

• philetus

chrixtopher Quote "This only solve nvidia driver problem." UNQUOTE

and again QUOTE " there's not problem with the nvidia driver" UNQUOTE

• sharky25k

philetus wrote:

chrixtopher Quote "This only solve nvidia driver problem." UNQUOTE

and again QUOTE " there's not problem with the nvidia driver" UNQUOTE

Both quotes are against you:-)

First, he does not have problem with nvidia, and he tells you that your post has solution just for nvidia driver. (does not tell you that he solved the Nvidia problem (solve is not equal to solved)

Second also highlights for YOU that he does not have any issue with Nvidia driver.

My post refers to Intel Graphic driver (if you did not check the link)

I think you miss the big picture. His notebook has 2 (two) graphics drivers one from intel (Intel HD graphics 4600 most probably) and second from Nvidia (some gtx 9x0M).

And he has issues just with Intel, not Nvidia. And it's clearly mentioned in the first post.

I have the impression that you read also my last post diagonally.

• philetus

Fine  Sharkey. You fix his problem.

• chrixtopher

Sorry for my bad english but i must agreed with sharky25k. My laptop with 2 graphic chipsets which is Intel (HD Graphics 4600) and Nvidia (GTX 860M), my "Intel Graphic" constantly crashed with the error message mentioned previously and I can't update with the latest intel.

The current Intel VGA driver version is 10.18.15.4248
    The latest Intel VGA driver version is 15.36.31.4414

Like i mentioned before, why acer want to customized the driver but do not update the driver? Why can't just let INTEL do the updating job?

• chrixtopher

This is the error message when I tried to install INTEL graphic driver downloaded from INTEL website.
    Untitled-1.jpg

• jose423
    jose423 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Answer ✓

chrixtopher,

Windows 10 process.

I am able to update to 4424 doing the following steps:

1. Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25951/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496 and download the zip version.

2. Unzip the downloaded file.

3. Open Device Manager. Uncollapse Display adapters. Right-click Intel HD Graphics 4600. Select Update Driver Software...

4. Select Browse my Computer for driver Software. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers. Select Have Disk... Select Browse. Navigate to the file extracted in step 2 (should be win64_154022.4424). Navigate to Graphics folder. Select igdlh64.inf. Select Open. Select OK.

5. Select Intel HD Graphics 4600 in Update Driver Software window. Select Next. Wait for Installing driver software process to finish. Select Close.

At this point, the intel graphics driver 20.19.15.4424 is finished installing. I then go ahead and run the setup.exe from the extracted folder without errors.

I have also seen the Intel graphics stopped working error when starting up full screen videos. The issue is very intermittent for me.

• sharky25k

Hi,

You can do it as jose suggested but also take into account to disable windows 10 ability to update your graphics driver, othervise I highly believe that windows 10 will soon reinstall the 4248 one (personal experience), because is "recommended by manufacturer"

Follow the instructions and use the tool from this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

With this tool you can disable windows 10 ability to update your intel graphics driver.

• chrixtopher

Thanks! I updated the driver, now have to wait whether it solved me problem.

• chrixtopher

Hi, I don't see my INTEL HD Graphic driver in the list...

Untitled-1.jpg

• sharky25k

Hi,

This could mean that windows 10 will not have an update for your driver (I hope). So hopefully it will not try to reinstall the 4248 version of the driver.

• chrixtopher

Hopefully. Anyway, thanks for helping!