Acer Aspire ES1-520 can't find my WiFi

urlm
urlm Member Posts: 13 New User

I downloaded the newest driver for the Qualcomm Aheros ar956x wireless network adapater from Acer.com.

I then ran the setup.exe on the latop, and it said that it installed successfully. I then rebooted the laptop.

To no avail. It still can't find my WiFi. It can find other WiFi's, but not mine.

I have no issues connecting to my WiFi with any other devices.

I've spent countless hours trying to get this laptop online now, how do I solve this?

I've tried connecting manually, whatever that does, but nothing happened.

What's wrong with this network adapter? It's infuriating, especially when I see how many others are having issues with this exact network adapter.

PLEASE HELP ME....

Answers

• majmun
    majmun Member Posts: 6 New User

Go to device manager, right click on your wireless adapter -> properties -> details -> hardware lds and copy first one and then search google for it to find the right one maybe one from acer doesn't work nothing unusual. Download the driver you find for that hardware lds and install it.

• urlm

So the first results gives me a driver that is from 2013... I doubt that is it?

If I do find the right driver, should I uinstall the driver before installing the new one? 

• majmun
    majmun Member Posts: 6 New User

yes uninstall that driver, or even it easier maybe for you to download driver booster, i was suprised how program works well and fins all missing drivers

http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

• urlm

PCI/VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_E07F105B&REV_01 is the ID.

Can't find an appropriate driver at all..... 

• urlm

Wouldn't I need an internet connection on the respective computer for that software to find the appropriate network adapter driver?

• urlm

Yes, it can't find nor update the driver without an internet connection.

Why the new driver from Acer.com for my specific model isn't working is beyond me.

As I said, I can find all other WiFi's but my own. All my other devices can find my WiFi just fine. There seems to be a problem specifically between my Acer and my WiFi..

• urlm

So I hooked up my phone to the Acer just so that I could get an internet connection to run the Driver Booster. It told me the driver was "really old" and updated it.

Still no change whatsoever. Are you sure this is a driver issue? Everyone just jumps to the driver being outdated but I've updated it a dozen times now and nothing happens. It still can't find my WiFi.