G9 791 bios downgrade

able6able6
able6able6 Member Posts: 18 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all just wondering how to downgrade bios to 1.06 , and see if it will fix my wake up problems from sleep mode thx

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

Usually it's not possible (downgradable). But I had this situation with an other PC and some additional attributes starting the exe helped.

But it's quite sure, you're loosing warranty by doing this.The text below is just an example how it can work.

Here's the Text from the other forum:

Hey this is my first post which i hope will help some people
    I have an ASUS G74sx laptop and recently upgraded my Bios with a hacked one, For reasons not relevant i decided i wanted to downgrade , I attempted to use Winflash but it reported that it was an older version and greyed out the Flash option.
    After some research into the problem i found that it you created a Bootable usb stick and armed it with dos flashing programs that it could be done, but was this Really the easiest way? the answer is NO.
    All you need to do is have Winflash installed and launch it through Command Prompt, Command Prompt can be found under Start Menu under Accessories
    Now in Command Prompt navigate to where you have Winflash installed, for me i just entered " cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash " with out the ""
    Now simply enter "Winflash /nodate" without the "" and then select your desired bios file, ignore the warning about it being an older version and press Flash. All done, the computer will now reboot and you have successfully downgraded your Bios

• able6able6
    able6able6 Member Posts: 18 New User
    Okay just want to know that lossing warranty means that I will loss the activist ion code for Windows 10 too ? Because after I format the PC. And do a clean Installation of Windows 10 the Windows will be activated and I don't have to put in any key .
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

I'm talking about Acer warranty for your hardware.

Windows10 knows the hardware ID of your PC. So you  don't need a key for installation, if it has been activated once.

• Alexscended
    Alexscended Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

If you need to downgrade.. You need to get the orignal files extracted by the .exe when you run the flashing utility, they are located in your personal temp in Windows.

1. Just run the regular .exe of any bios version you want to downgrade to
    2. While the window is open displaying the error of 'Your version is newer cannot flash blah blah'. Open File explorer and go to your user accounts temp folder of Windows, as described on the link. And find a folder starting with '7z'. (This is the actual temporary extract location of the Insyde Flash utility.)
    3. Copy all files to a different location (Otherwise when you close InsydeFlash the temporary folder gets deleted automatically.)
    4. Then alter the 'Platform.ini' file by changing the Flags=2 or Flags=1 to Flags=under directly under [Bios_Version_Check]
    5. Then run the H2OFFT-W.exe with Insyde icon

Source: https://awesomedetect.com/cant-find-platform-ini-file-solved-bios-update/