acer v 15 Nitro screen resolution 1366x768 not HD

citcko
citcko Member Posts: 3 New User

hi

I just bought a seconda hand aAcer Aspire V15 Nitro (VN7-571G-502F) and the maximum resolution displayed is 1366x768. I read on all reviews that the native resolution should be 1920x1080. the computer had a clean install, updated to windows 10 and reinstall all the drivers from Acer. Nothing worked Smiley Sad.

Any ideeas?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer

Hello,

First I would check the brand and the part number of the LCD panel with HWINFO portable version (no installation).

France
  • citcko

Thank you! that was really helpful! apparently that is the maximum resolution supported by this screen. Do you know if I can change it with an HD LCD? where can i get a service manual?

Thank you verry much for your help!

• laurent_14

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • citcko

NXMRVEK024

Thank you!

• laurent_14

This laptop is/was shipped with a HD panel 1366x768 and not a FHD panel 1920x1080.

You'll need a FHD panel 1920x1080 IPS matte or glossy. The eDP cable is the same.

I'll wrote a little tutorial for the replacement tomorrow. The more difficult will be to disconnect the battery.

France