Battery Icon Only Says "Fully Charged(100%)" when fully charged (should say something more)

DragonOsman2
DragonOsman2 Member Posts: 15 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V5-571G laptop with Windows 10 installed (there's only an opton for "Aspire Desktops", so I had to choose this, but please not that I'm using a laptop).  Originally, my computer's battery icon when fully charged wouldn't only say it's fully charged like now.  I don't remember what it was exacty, but it used to say something more, too.  I'm not sure if it happened because I always keep my laptop plugged in, but it shouldn't be this because my dad also told me that it's supposed to switch to using electrical power to run rather than the power stored in the battery once it's fully charged and that whether you always keep it plugged in or not doesn't matter (is this true?).  Mine doesn't seem to do that anymore, and it sometimes also shows that it's in "98% (Plugged in, not charging)" mode, and then the charge continues to decrease. 

I also tried removing the battery and booting it for a while without the battery, with just the electrical power, and then uninstalling the Battery Driver Softwarea and putting the battery back in and rebooting so it'd install the software on its own; and then I didn't reboot it again, but I did drain and recharge the batter three times, while letting cool down between charges.  But that doesn't seem to have worked. 

If I posted this in the wrong section of the forums, it'd be appreciated if someone were to move it to the correct section. 

Any help anyone can give me on this would also be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Shut down, remove the power and battery, hold down the power button for 60 seconds, let it sit for 5 minutes,plug in and try it.

Open device manager/ Batteries and uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-compliant control battery method and reboot.

• DragonOsman2

Before, when a relative of mine tried to remove the battery, it worked.  But now when my brother and I tried it, we couldn't do it.  It's an Acer Aspire V5-571G laptop with Windows 10 installed, by the way.  Apparently, there's a place you have to press and hold down with a tool while pulling the battery out.  Could someone who knows more about how to take out a battery please help me out?  Thanks.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Nowhere in your first post did I get the idea that you were asking how to remove the battery.

2016-05-07_0946.jpg

• DragonOsman2

Eh? No, I only needed to ask about that when I tried to remove it but couldn't.  Thanks for posting that, it's much appcreciated.