Acer Aspire ES1-311-c4q6 with critical low battery message

crofty1975
crofty1975 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

hi

my friend laptop which is a Acer Aspire ES1-311-c4q6 comes up with the messsage critical low battery message.

the current battery is AC14B18J (31CP5/57/80)

Does that mean it needs a new battery?

what causing this problem?

is there a way to run it without a batterry?(i tried removing the battery nothing with connected to PSU)

just want to confirm putting a new battery in will fix it , it a lot too spend £45+shipping from batteries-mail.co.uk ?

http://www.batteries-mall.co.uk/replacement-for-acer-ac14b18k-ac14b18j-laptop-battery-48wh3220mah-p-5795.html

it out of warranty friend brought it recon about a year ago off ebay had no other problems with it.

mark

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Try this procedure and after charge the battery with the laptop shut down:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol AC-BRP on the bottom of the laptop.

France
  • crofty1975

i have tried this and even took the cmos battery out too see if just bios setting corrupted and with no joy. very strange. how does the battery get so discharged that it will not let the laptop run with being plugged into ac.

• crofty1975

does a flashing red light mean it charging or is that error colour?

• crofty1975

just to make clear (sorry bad english - dyselixa) - i forgotten to mention that the message about critical low battery appears and then the laptop switch off and the red light flashing. No charging.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Your english is certainly better than mine.Smiley Happy

The message about critical low battery appears and then the laptop switch off and the red light flashing. No charging.

1. Power indicator blinking amber: The computer is in power-saving mode.
    2. Battery indicator blinking amber: The battery is charging.

Which indicator blinks?

Do you straighten lightly the contact springs of the DC-IN connector?

France
  • Carlix
    Carlix Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I had the same warning.. After doing the procedure of resetting battery in the back the led lights do not turn on. What can I do to fix it?

• Tmknzozo
    Tmknzozo Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi
    I have the same problem stuck on critical low battery and won't turn on. I have tried the reset button and tried taking the battery off but nothing worked. When plugged in the orange light comes on for 2 seconds and then off. Laptop model is A315-51-376T. How can I fix this. 
    Thank you
  • MID4DID
    MID4DID Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same message but different solution.After resetting still the same message.Checked output ok but voltage 12v.Checked internal battery 19v.Replaced external power adapter with correct 19v output now working ok.Just a note if the memory cover is not in situ then it will not power up,there is a micro switch on the motherboard which is enabled by fitting the memory cover.