will gtx 950 video card fit acer tc 705 mother board

Tonym1975
Tonym1975 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi all

i just bought an asus gtx 950 OC video card for my acer tc 705. I am concerned it won't fit on the motherboard. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

According to the specs, the TC-705 has one PCI Express x16 slot and the asus gtx 950 OC requires two slots.

You have a 200, 220, or 300 W power supply and I don't think thats enough for this card. 

• Tonym1975

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I bought the MSI GTX 950 OC (single fan), its only 17cm long. Replaced the power supply with a corsair 500M and installed a 240gb SSD. All went well other than i had to remove the front audio plug from motherboard (to the left of the PCI x16 slot) as it was preventing the new graphics card from fitting. This is no problem for me as i have speakers installed to rear audio. Everything works fine, WELL HAPPY!!

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I'm glad everything fit. I should have found a pic of the back of the computer. Nice power upgrade.

• Tonym1975

Thanks

I installed OS on the SSD. My PC is now super fast, it boots up in 15 seconds! Cheapest and best upgrade anyone could do for a PC.