ACER Aspire 7750-6669 PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM No bootable device-insert boot disk ???

nt089970
nt089970 Member Posts: 4 New User

I don't have the boot disk.  Any advice is appreciated!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If you can access bios with F2, check thee boot tab that the HDD is the first to boot. It sounds like network is trying to boot first.Or try F-12 and pick HDD.

If you still have the Recovery, hold down ALT and F-10 and see if Recovery will start.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

on BIOS check if HDD is listed on information/Main page, if not, probably is gone.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • nt089970

Hi there! Attached are screen shots of my laptop. Please also note that when my pc is trying to boot up, I hear a slight beeping noise. I also have already tried removing the HDD and placing it back in to be sure it wasn't just loose.

image.jpeg

image (1).jpeg

image (2).jpeg

image (3).jpeg 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

which windows OS version is installed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • philetus

Move #2 WDC to #1

• philetus

While you're at it, disable Network boot, unless you need to boot your computer from a network.

• nt089970

I moved the HDD WSD up to the #1 location and also disenabled the network boot.  Now the message simply reads:  No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key.  I can still hear the drive trying to read or connect. Any other suggestions??  Thanks!!

• philetus

Try starting with a Windows install disk.You will need to put the optical drive first in boot.

If nothing, try another HDD. I have a feeling your HDD is bad.

• nt089970

Which one is the "optical" drive that I should move to being first??  Also, if my hard drive is bad, is there anyway to recover the information on it?

• philetus

The optical drive is the CD/DVD. It's possible to connect the HDD to another computer with usb and access the data on it. If it is dead, this will not work. Someone who knows what they are doing can get a identical HDD and remove the disk from the old HDD and put it in the new drive and possibly boot from it.

There are also services that will recover the data for you by basically doing the  above.