V17 Nitro Touch Pad issue

rei2work
rei2work Member Posts: 5 New User

The touchpad has an annoying delay on movements, as if it's trying to be insensitive to small range of movements to avoid mis-touch. 

It doesn't help anything anyways, as the touchpad is so big and so much to the left that during typing my palm will always touch on it, and it clicks the mouse away.

Terribley annoying overall...

I want to at least fix the movement insensitive issue, does anyone has any idea? 
I don't have the synaptic setup page in the windows mouse contorl panel, I haven't found any configurabel setting so far. This is win 8.1.

Thanks!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

You didn't see this or it isn't there?

Click the tab for Device Settings, then click on the button Settings.HTD3101Z30000R01190001061631504.jpg

• rei2work

No it is not there and i have been trying to get it back there!

win 8.1, just done the factory reset.

the driver is installed correctly, but I couldn't find Synaptic application in the laptop;

I downloaded the driver again from Acer offical site, it's identical to what I had, no configurable settings; 

I tried to download Synaptic dr4ier from the offiical site (http://www.synaptics.com/resources ), this one could not install. (installer marks a red cross on the device.)

Help...

[edited to repair broken link]

• philetus

"Touchpad. It’s a Synaptics touchpad. Until I’ve updated the drivers, the touchpad acted strangely, with delays and cursor jumps. It became much better after the update. There still seem to be some annoying delay from the moment you touch it till it start responding and it seems to me like some kind of driver configuration, but the V15 did not come with the Synaptics touchpad control panel and I can’t easily change the behavior too much."

http://www.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/acer-v-15-nitro-black-edition-review/

• philetus

Have you upgraded your bios to this one?

BIOSAcerUpdate nVidia VBIOS1.115.1 MB2015/03/16Download
  • philetus

Try this driver first. Uninstall anything related to touchpad in Control Panel/Programs and Features first.

Windows 10 PS/2 and SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1
  • rei2work
    I tried running the bios updater before and the exe told me its latest.

OK I will try the win 10 driver. Nothing there in control panel is related to touchpad, should I remove the driver directly? (device manage, pointing device)

and should I see the synaptic configuration page after installing win 10 driver?

Thx.
  • philetus

Uninstall anything related to touchpad in Control Panel/Programs and Features first.

Where I found the driver, someone was saying they didn't have the Symantic control panel and they said install the driver. I hope it works.

• rei2work

So there's nothing "touchpad" or "synaptic" in my uninstaller, I couldn't uninstall anything.

I downloaded and ran setup.exe for the Win10 driver you linked me, it could not install. 

Untitled.gif

The touch pad works I guess by the factory reset driver. I have the driver on my C:\OEM\Preload\Autorun\DRV\Synaptics Touchpad\. if i run that one it works i.e. it installs the driver again. But that OEM driver does not have SynTP came with it, I think that is the problem. 

• philetus

Look in C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder for SynTP.sys and if it's there, go to Services (Type Services in Windows search) and see if its stopped and set to automatic and start it.

• rei2work

No Smiley Sad

C:\Windows\System32\drivers does not have "SynTP.sys".

SynTP.sys is not found in any where inside my windows folder.

I think this is exactly what the problem is:

My laptop model is Aspire VN7-791G. I don't have a Synaptic driver that contains SynTP.sys.. the Windows 8.1 driver from Acer official websit does not have SynTP.sys.