Mother Board Acer Aspire TC220

fshngmgc
fshngmgc Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hi All, I have tried searching for a copy of the motherboard I have in this computer TC220 with an AMD 7800 and the reason is just so I know where everything is in case of having to replace a part or the worst case the power supply, but I have punched in every # I can find but to no avail. Can some Kind Soul Help.

Thanks, Mike

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • fshngmgc

Tinkerer

DTSXRAA006 THESE ARE THE SERIAL # OF THE COMPUTER

DBSV811001 THESE ARE THE SERIAL # OF THE MAIN CIRCUIT BOARD

mIKE

• laurent_14

The part numbers are correct:

Spoiler
    DB.SV811.001MAIN BD.WO/1394

For information:

If you use the pre-installed version of Windows, you have to buy the replacement motherboard from your Acer store.

Windows OEM license:

Spoiler
    Microsoft OEM:

"Generally, an end user can upgrade or replace all of the hardware components on a computer—except the motherboard—and still retain the license for the original Microsoft OEM operating system software. If the motherboard is upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been created. Microsoft OEM operating system software cannot be transferred to the new computer, and the license of new operating system software is required. If the motherboard is replaced because it is defective, you do not need to acquire a new operating system license for the PC as long as the replacement motherboard is the same make/model or the same manufacturer's replacement/equivalent, as defined by the manufacturer's warranty.

The reason for this licensing rule primarily relates to the Microsoft Software License Terms and the support of the software covered by those terms. The Microsoft Software License Terms are a set of usage rights granted to the end user by the PC manufacturer, and relate only to rights for that software as installed on that particular PC. The system builder is required to support the software on the original PC. Understanding that end users, over time, upgrade their PCs with different components, Microsoft needed to have one base component "left standing" that would still define the original PC. Since the motherboard contains the CPU and is the "heart and soul" of the PC, when the motherboard is replaced (for reasons other than defect) a new PC is essentially created. The original system builder did not manufacture this new PC, and therefore cannot be expected to support it."
    France
  • fshngmgc

Tinkerer

I am sorry but I guess I did not make myself clear. I would like to see a diagram of my motherboard and print it out so I can familerize myself with it and know where everything is. If I pull up Motherboards on line they show every detail but I cannot find mine.

Mike

• laurent_14

Sorry but I have no informations about the diagram.

France