Acer Aspire R7 571 Black Screen while power light on. & Low Wireless Connection

serkanuysal
serkanuysal Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I bought my laptop like 1 month ago, and after update windows 8.1 Browinsg started extra slow, playing games with highest ping, While playing games i can see enemies but i cant do anything to them,

After while when i opened my laptop i got black screen nothing was on only the power light were on. Somewhere say there is a unupdated BIOS...

Best Answer

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi...

Try a power reset.

Unplug the adapter (power cord) off the laptop, if you have connected.
    On the bottom side of the laptop, you will see a small reset hole with a battery symbol.

Please insert a thin object like a paper clip into this hole and hold it for 5 seconds.

Then plug in the adapter.

Turn on the laptop check for the issue.

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi...

Try a power reset.

Unplug the adapter (power cord) off the laptop, if you have connected.
    On the bottom side of the laptop, you will see a small reset hole with a battery symbol.

Please insert a thin object like a paper clip into this hole and hold it for 5 seconds.

Then plug in the adapter.

Turn on the laptop check for the issue.

• serkanuysal

Thank you very much, that worked

• Big_Daddy
    Big_Daddy Member Posts: 1 New User

flipp it over and there is little hole with a picture of a  battery being removed. Push a paper clip in it (with the power cord unplugged) and it shut down. restart.

• newmanme
    newmanme Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi all,

Thank you very much for having this on the forum. I unplugged my Aspire R7, when I got back to the office and plugged it in the power cable was not working.

Since I use this for both school and work, I was in complete panic because today is friday and my laptop would be out of commission till next week.

I searched and found this article and it worked. I would never have even thought to look for a battery reset.

My one and only question is, Is this an indication that something is failing? Battery, Power cord or something else?

Thanks

Matt

• serkanuysal
    its probably samething like fuse at your home... kind of overcharged battery turned itself off... That's what think...
  • newmanme

Guess who is back Smiley Sad

The power reset worked twice. Today when I plugged in the power cable no light came on, the screen stays dimmed. Nothing I am trying is working.

The laptop ran for about 3 hours before the battery has died, now what do I do? I can not use it at all. If this is a battery problem, can I bypass like a regular laptop by removing the battery and just using the plug to see if that id the problem. I bought a ubiversal power supply and that did not do anything either.........

If anyone can help me I would be greatly aprreciative.

This is the first ever laptop I was willing to buy in my 25+ year IT career, I am an IT pro and never wanted to throw my money away on a laptop. I realy liked the design so I took a chance. I am very disapointed in ACer right now. To give up my age a bit, I have a DX2/66 Acer tyower at home that is over 20 years old and I still have NT 4 running it as a file server just for fun. ACER once made great products, What Happened???

Thanks

Matt

• newmanme

On normal laptops if there is a problem witht the battery, you can take it out and use your laptop plugged in only.

I tried this with my Aspire R7 571 and no can do ???

Is this a limitaton on this convertable, that I have to have a good working battery to be able to use it?

Thanks

Matt

• toomiiikahh
    toomiiikahh Member Posts: 1 New User
    i got it fixed guys. had the same issue... in the beggining the battery button worked but after a few days it stopped. you have to reflash the bios if you want a tutorial just message me or reply to this and ill help you out... i almost threw the laptop out..
  • norm_001
    norm_001 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Could you please help me with the reflash bios procedure?

I have the same problem and will throw the laptop out very soon!!!

Thanks

• newmanme

The black screen with the blue light flashing can be one of several different things.

1st - On the rear of the unit there is a pin holke for resetting the battery. Unplug the unit turn it over and use a straightened paper clip to depress it for 15 Seconds, or 20 seconds for good measure

2nd -  Check your memory stick

- Remove the memory chip and then try to power it on.

3rd - Test your powersupply. If your battery is dead it will just flash also

4th -  The Aspire R7's on and off button is in a bad location. A while back mine came on all by itself in the bag. WHen putting in the bag/carry case the power button was pressed by accident. This caused my unit to overheat. The motherboard had to be replaced.

5th - If you leave your bluetooth on the laptop several different things can trigger the laptop to start up while in the carry bag. Basically anything that has been paired with it can cause an unwanted start up. Bluetooth items, phone, portable speaker, a GPS in your car, etc. Turn off your bluetooth.

WHen the unit turns on while in the carry case it will overheat and damage the unit.

• Spartika
    Spartika Member Posts: 2 New User

Okay; I'll bite: can you please post your instruction to 'reflash the bios". 

• cwcjr
    cwcjr Member Posts: 10 New User

The normal cause for powering on in the carry case is actually the poor switch design.  It PROTRUDES from the side and will turn on every time the end of the computer comes in contact with the padding.  Next contact it shuts down, next contact it turns back on, etc. 

• Spartika
    Spartika Member Posts: 2 New User

I am sorry to say that these past responses are simply not relevant. If your Acer R7-572 (in my case) has a black screen, a flashing blue light, and will not boot, will not go into BIOS, will not show an Acer 'intro screen' and will not show a 'failure screen',  then your motherboard is shot, dead, 'bricked'. In my case when I switched on the computer I could hear the WD Blue 1TB HDD (Western Digital hard drive) start to boot and then stop after about 6 - 10 seconds. The screen would stay black and no sign of the BIOS/Intro/failure screen. To rule out the laptop screen I attached my laptop to another flatscreen via the HDMI connections and this showed that the laptop was not putting out a signal to the screen. Another clue here is that if your computer switches on with a damaged hard drive you should still get a BIOS screen or the ' Acer intro screen' or a 'failure screen' listing the cause of the failure. I contacted ACER support, gave them the above information, and they asked me to return the laptop for repair; I did so and in less than 10 days I had my laptop back with the new motherboard, or maybe a repaired motherboard, at no cost, under Warranty. The problem was not the laptop screen, and was not the laptop hard drive, and had nothing to do with the power switch, and had nothing to do with the battery. Unfortunately, like in most cases regarding any electronics related to laptops/computers/hard drives/SSDs etc., we end up spending an inordinate amount of time looking for quick solutions or any solution, most of which are simply wrong, misleading, etc.   We never get our spent time back, resulting in a huge loss of productivity nationwide.   

Just a side note: If you are thinking about replacing your HDD hard drive with a Solid Stated Drive 'faster' SSD drive do yourself a favor and research/search on the internet for "SSD drive failures", "my computer cannot see my SSD", "SSD Freezes", "SSD starts and stops", "SSD failures due to power outages", "SSD slows down or slowing down",  etc., etc.   Read the convoluted "Power UP Power Down" methods you have to use to get your computer to recognize a 'disappeared' SSD.   I am going back to replacing all of my SSDs with HDDs. Any time that I thought I was saving with the faster SSD goes out the window when you have to spend 2 hours to get your computer to recognize your SSD' again using the POwer UP Power Down method, if this method works. Some of the 'solutions' to fix a damaged or unrecognized SSD are simply quite outrageous - from people baking their SSD in an oven to 70 degree C and/or freezing their SSD for an hour - to try to get the computer to recognize the SSD and recover lost data before they write it off.  SSDs are not an as reliable technology as they are advertised; they are subjected to failure (e.g., power outages, damaged cells, need for TRIM, need for 'Garbage Collection" etc., etc.) These are SSD problems which have not yet been resolved in almost 10 years since the problems were first identified. Shame on you SSD industry.  

• adamhazem
    adamhazem Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I need to  reflash the bios on my acer r7 and I need a tutorial! Can you help me out please?

Thanks

• scrambler
    scrambler Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

When you download the BIOS file from the ACER Support web site, the folder includes two files, a README.txt file that has the procedure and the Bios Executable file.

The procedure is pretty trivial, you basically just double click the Bios executable file and follow directions

• Gdebrosse1
    Gdebrosse1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do I reflash the bios?
  • scrambler
    scrambler Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

As I mentionned in my last post, once you have dowloaded  the file from the Acer support site, you just double click on the file and follow instructions.

• waukwelli
    waukwelli Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have acer aspire r7 ,, indicates power light but remains for 8second only. tryed to reset it but wont work. help me pls
  • krmadbyrd
    krmadbyrd Member Posts: 1 New User
    I too would like to thank those that started this thread and for the response of doing a "reset" from the back of the computer. I was very concerned that my unit had died until I ended up here.  I actually had to hold it for 8-10 seconds but it worked the second time I did it.  Thanks again
  • dormentes2018
    dormentes2018 Member Posts: 1 New User
    good evening fellows, can you help me how to fix my acer.. the screen is flashing in black color. when i turn on my laptop, it has power, but after 6 seconds the fan dies, and the screen is flashing black. no bios no anything. just a dead flashing black screen.