Graphic problems/WinUpdate Problem/Updating BIOS ---> XC-605-EB31

terminera
terminera Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi everyone !

I have been Trying to contact support for the longest but for some reason, my SNID and S/N are never recognised...

Anyways,

I have a AXC-605-EB31 which at base was Windows 8, Intel Core i5 processor 4440, Intel HD Graphics, 1TB Hard Drive, DDR3 Memory.

As i booted it for the first time, There was an update right away to Windows 8.1. After an update to Win8.1 a few monts after i got my computer, one of my games started to bug out, and i heard it might have been caused by the game itself being too old for the intel card which was too powerfull for it. In the end, i left the game and never went back to it.I think i did something at the time, but i can't rememeber. I might have tried to downgrade it at some point.

As time went by, the Windows10 Update rolled by, so i signed in and got the update on Day 1.

I must mention that i got multiple graphic card crashes happening from time to time. But i was expecting a Win10 Update to fix the problem.

Later On, Minecraft, for some reason had problem loading textures and i still didn't know why. At the time, came to the Acer Website to try to get some support but couldn't get any (and i didn't know Community existed...) , so i went to Intel to try to fix the problem... to no avail. In the end, i decided to get myself a new graphics card (a Radeon HD 6450) to replace the current buggy one. It fixed the problem... but not the crashes.

and here comes the problems i have lately:

The Graphics Cards Keeps Crashing at least once a day,

The Graphics Cards Shows me a Stroboscope of light every time i try to update it to latest version,

Microsoft Update gives me a "Blank" Error message when trying to update latest Updates (i am stuck on Version 10240 )

When talking over in the Microsoft community, We came to the conclusion that i need to update all drivers (I did all of them, Manually, using the Exe in each pack, even the Intel Graph Card but i'm not sure it worked properly...) and Update my BIOS.

My Current BIOS Version is "P11-A0" while the latest is "P11-B4". I've been told to be extremely carfull with the update so i read the "Readme" inside the package... but still don't know what to do.

So, i would like a bit of support as to how i can update my BIOS, the questions i have being:

-What does it mean by "Booting to windows System"?

-Where is "BIOS Package"? The screenshot provided says "C:\D11\Normal\Win" but it's not making sense as i am thrown at "C:\Windows\System32". And i'm locked there as It told me to go and place the BIOSon a flash drive... which is  "E;\"

-Do you think i am on the Right track with what might cause the problem ?

Thanks for taking some time with me.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

copy BIOS Win and Rom folders to c:\

press windows logo key + x

select command prompt (admin)

once on command prompt

type

cd\

press enter

type

cd win

press enter

type

flash.bat

press enter

it will start to flash BIOS

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

copy BIOS Win and Rom folders to c:\

press windows logo key + x

select command prompt (admin)

once on command prompt

type

cd\

press enter

type

cd win

press enter

type

flash.bat

press enter

it will start to flash BIOS

• terminera

Thanks for the quick reply!

after it starts, i get an error:

30 - Error: Problem opening file for reading.

Going to restart computer just in case that would be something.

• IronFly

i would try to update to P11-A4 first, i'm not sure you can update from A to B version.

• terminera

i got the same error when doing the "P11-A4" update

• IronFly

are you running command prompt (ADMIN) ?

not simple command prompt

• terminera

yes, i am sure that i am using the Admin Version of the command thingie

RapportAcer.jpg

• IronFly

Sorry, try to copy ROM folder to c: too

• terminera

It worked !

Do change the first reply to add "place Rom and Win to c:\" and i'll add it as the solution for the BIOS Update !

Thanks a lot ^^

• IronFly

You welcome.

you can try to update to B version, if it's not the correct one, the BIOS flash utility will abort or give you an error message.

• terminera

i did both of them and it's installed without problem ^^

Now to fix the graph card's problem and the Windows update problem because Driver/Bios Updates did not fix the problem.

• IronFly

i would try a windows 10 refresh, since you have multiple issues:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4090-refresh-windows-10-a.html

• terminera

I tried a refresh of the system, but the reinitialisation failed at around 35 to 40%. I don't know the cause but it placed me back to how computer was before i tried...

• IronFly
  • terminera

Tried it to no avail... for some reason, before it even starts to prepare, i get an error saying that i started it the wrong and to restart computer and try to install afterwards...

the thing is i've been trying all weekend with someone from the french Windows community to work it out and nothing is working

The next step i've been told to do there is a clean install of Win10 either by formating computer or MultiBoot on a second partition ... i don't mind if my programs/games i have are uninstalled... but i don't want to delete my data... and i don't know anything about MultiBooting , Partitionning or stuff like that 'x.x

• IronFly

clean install is the only solution at this point.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi terminera,

I just wanted to jump in and address the issue of the SN/SNID not being recognized. Around the time you originally posted, we had identified an issue in our services that caused a disruption for several hours. That's been addressed. If you continue to have trouble reaching our technical support in Canada via phone or chat, please send me a private message with your Serial Number and I'll ask the team to review.

Thanks,
    Cory

• terminera

Thanks a Lot Cory ^^

I just tried to contact by chat someone from ACER but apparently, my Serial Number is not on garantee anymore so i can't ask for help from the Helpdesk.

Thanks a lot though ! ( I registered my Computer to my account now that i can do it )

As Miscelaneous info...

Delivery date (on the box) is 04 November 2013, and i just saw "Mfg Date" being 2013/09/07.