Acer Aspire V3-731 Wifi and bluetooth not working

Kat1
Kat1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi, all of suddden I am not able to turn wi-fi and bluetooth on. 

They are greyed out, only able to turn flight mode on. see att.picturewi.png

Fn+F3 does not work either. 

Help !

Kat 

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

I see a lot of V3-731 owners having this problem. Wifi off and greyed ut in settings. What works for a lot of them is shut down the laptop. Start laptop hold Fn and as soon as you see the Acer logo tap F3.

Answers

• philetus

Did you upgrade to Windows 10?

• Kat1
    Yes,sometime ago but it worked fine. I am back to Windows 8 now, though might help if I go back to factory settings. Didn't help. Still no WiFi.
  • philetus
    Answer ✓

I see a lot of V3-731 owners having this problem. Wifi off and greyed ut in settings. What works for a lot of them is shut down the laptop. Start laptop hold Fn and as soon as you see the Acer logo tap F3.

• Kat1
    Many thanks for that. Fixed!
  • philetus

You're very welcome.

• salimacer
    salimacer Member Posts: 1 New User

kindly solve the problems.

• Beyjack
    Beyjack Member Posts: 1 New User

Not working i will have to try something else

Thanks

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,076 Trailblazer

Beyjack wrote:

Not working i will have to try something else

Thanks

Hi,

Could you please tell us the version of your OS.

• ejpetty
    ejpetty Member Posts: 2 New User
    Please someone help. I have an acer aspire be 731. I have had it for 7 years. And I have never been able to use it because the wifi has always been switched off. I really need it now. Nothing has worked. I've went through all the settings. I've tried connecting it with wires and broadband, but there is settings missing it seems. For instance, there is no setting for me to enable the wireless adapter under the network and internet connection on the control panel. It's a brand new laptop that only worked for a day, and then never again. Please help. 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    ejpetty said:
    Please someone help. I have an acer aspire be 731. I have had it for 7 years. And I have never been able to use it because the wifi has always been switched off. I really need it now. Nothing has worked. I've went through all the settings. I've tried connecting it with wires and broadband, but there is settings missing it seems. For instance, there is no setting for me to enable the wireless adapter under the network and internet connection on the control panel. It's a brand new laptop that only worked for a day, and then never again. Please help. 

Please start a new topic for your question, this topic is already marked solved.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★