just upgraded my aspire e1-571g from windows 8 to windows 10 and now i am unable to turn on the wifi

niteshkumardmk1
niteshkumardmk1 Member Posts: 4 New User

Best Answer

• niteshkumardmk1
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your effort even if the solution suggested by you didn't work for me.

Today i fixed this issue by myself and now i am able to turn on the WIFI as well as bluetooth. Even if i have upgraded to windows 10, i went to the official site of acer ( acer drivers ), entered my product model and i chose the operating system windows 8.1 64-bit and then i downloaded the radio button which is available under 

Category-OthersVendor- DritekDescription- Other Drivers (RF Button)

and after installing this driver and restarting the system (restarts automatically after 30 seconds) i was able to fix this frustrating issue. Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (26).png

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

click on network adapter
    double click on wifi adapter
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • niteshkumardmk1

Screenshot (22).png

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&SUBSYS_E052105B&REV_01
    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&SUBSYS_E052105B
    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&CC_028000
    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&CC_0280

• IronFly

download this driver: (100% trustable website)

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=startdown&id=2105&lang=en

right click the wifi adapter, choose to uninstall and tick to uninstall software too, if asked.

double click the downloaded file to unpack, then run setup.exe

reboot and check if you can turn ON your wifi adapter

• niteshkumardmk1

I followed the steps provided by you but still i am not able to turn ON the wi-fi 

Screenshot (24).png

• niteshkumardmk1
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your effort even if the solution suggested by you didn't work for me.

Today i fixed this issue by myself and now i am able to turn on the WIFI as well as bluetooth. Even if i have upgraded to windows 10, i went to the official site of acer ( acer drivers ), entered my product model and i chose the operating system windows 8.1 64-bit and then i downloaded the radio button which is available under 

Category-OthersVendor- DritekDescription- Other Drivers (RF Button)

and after installing this driver and restarting the system (restarts automatically after 30 seconds) i was able to fix this frustrating issue. Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (26).png

• IronFly
    Good to hear it, learnt something new.