Does Acer Aspire 7750G support backlit keyboards?

reinis0901
reinis0901 Member Posts: 3 New User

I wish to know if it is possible to install a backlit keyboard on Acer Aspire 7750G. Don't like to mess around laptops myself so thought asking here would be safer Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

The short answer would be no. Nobody makes a backlit keyboard for it and your motherboard is not designed for it.

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓

The short answer would be no. Nobody makes a backlit keyboard for it and your motherboard is not designed for it.

• reinis0901

Wait. I have 2 unused contacts on my motherboard. Would they happen to be for backlit or smthing?

• philetus

I guess someone does make one.

This is supposed to be a replacement Backlit keyboard for a 7750g.

http://www.amazon.com/replacment-Backlit-keyboard-5738DZG-5738G-2/dp/B005HSQY9Q

It shows a second (small) ribbon for the light on the left side.Is a small connector (4 pin) on the left of your keyboard connector?

51FkhpprE1L._SL1100_.jpg

You can also adapt +5sv from the Mobo to get it working.

• reinis0901

I have this keyboard. Just can't understand how to plug that small cable because connectors in different places and can't reach them with it.

• philetus

You need to figure out which of the connections on the keyboard ribbon cable is ground and which is the connection that will light the keyboard. You could probably test the keyboard with a battery without blowing it up.

Then you need to find a ground on the MB and a  +5sv (supply voltage?)(probably very bright in the dark) or a 3.3v (dimmer) on the MB. The other two connections will be MB conrol, which you won't be using so, you will need to put in a switch unless you want the keyboard lit all the time. You might need to tie the MB control connections together.

This might give you some ideas.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/asus-n50vn-backlight-keyboard-mod.762121/