Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite (64) and ccc-utility64 Windows 10

christopher_foo
christopher_foo Member Posts: 8 New User

Dear All

I just upgrade my acer computer from Windows 8.1 (came preinstalled) to the latest Windows 10 using Windows Update. After the upgrade I was notified that:

1) Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite (64)

and

2) ccc-utility64

is not compatible with Windows 10 and hence have to be removed from the PC. May I seek everyone help if there is a Windows 10 compatible version for these two applications?

I am using Acer Aspire V5-122P model and is sort of a newbie with computers. Thank you for the assistance provided.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Windows search type Device Manager and go to Bluetooth.Click the arrow, double clich the Bluetooth, select Driver and Roll Back Driver. After it's finished reboot.

For the Catalyst Control Center, uninstal lCatalyst software in Drivers and Features, reboot and  see if Windows update finds a driver or go here https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

and let AMD detect your driver.

• christopher_foo

Thank you for your help.

For the first one regarding bluetooth, there is no rollback driver for me and there is no exclamation mark too saying the driver is not functioning. May I know how do I deal with this?

As for the second option, I am going for letting the AMD detect driver since I am a newbie. Going well so far. Will update again in a while.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

If your Bluetooth and video is working, there's nothing you need to do. 

I dont have have your computer model, but I received that Bluetooth Suite message too.  Bluetooth works fine for me. I didn't have to do anything. I assume the same would apply to your CCC.  There's nothing you need to do.  It appears that Windows 10 just removed some non-essential software.  Nothing to worry about. 

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • christopher_foo

I think so as well initially as these softwares are not in use everytime but when I think of it deeper, Bluetooth is for transferring files while the ccc-utility64 is for monitor viewing. I believe if I were to update them (won't hurt to try), I have an error free system. So I go on with the updates.

I also have one problem I have not figure out. My left hand side, speaker is not producing any sound and all sounds are coming from the right speaker. So this takes me further to update all my drivers if possible but I am rather new to these. So hope can seek everyone assistance in the matter. Thank you to everyone for your help.

• christopher_foo

Dear philetus I had just tried with the CCC-Utility64 update as you instructed and one bad news is when my computer restarted, there is this command prompt popup and there is an error notification saying something failed. I didn't take a picture of it. Then the "New Notification" was disable and I can't view it. Even the Windows button at the bar seem not functioning. Then I use the keyboard shortcut to pull up the windows option and select restart. After restart, everything seem normal. No problems so far but I am wandering why is there an error notification earlier. One issue I noticed is after I hit restart button, the computer goes restart with the "Acer screen showing up" then it blink black for like 5 seconds then the acer screen is up again then it proceed to access Windows. I wonder why is this as well. Other than that, everything seem working fine. The message saying compatibility issue is still there though.

I haven't touch the bluetooth yet following your advise to my reply earlier. Thank you.  

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

the BT error it's cause by the application that run the tray icon.

try this:

press Ctrl+shift+Esc

click on more details

click on Start up tab

look for any BT tray icon application (broadcomm) click it and disable it.

• christopher_foo

Thank you for your reply, ironfly. I follow your instructions but I can't locate the BT tray icon application (broadcomm) in the startup list.

• christopher_foo
    Hi Ironfly, thank you for your assistance. I have installed the software you recommend but I cannot determine if the issue has been fixed. Is there a way to check?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you don't get any incompatible message from windows 10, it's fixed.

• christopher_foo

Thats the confusing part. When I clear the messages and restart, there is no more messages concerning the incompatibility.

Then only I installed the software. And also no messages concerning the incompatibility. Thats why I want to know how to check if the problem has been fixed since before I installed the new driver you told me to, the message is already gone without coming back after a restart.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Usually if the message doesn't come back, it's fixed. Look in Start/All Programs for AMD Catalyst Control Center and see if Bluetooth works.

• JordanB

What exactly have you been tring to fix?

I see that you've tried a ton of fixes.  But what were you trying to fix when nothing was broken in the first place?

Please read my previous post.  

• christopher_foo

Thank you for your reply, JordanB and sorry for any confusion arised from my question.

What I want to fix is as in my initial post concerning the error messages that the two applications as mentioned in the subject of the email was "removed" due to incompatibility upon upgrading to Windows 10 and I would like to get these two applications back to work in this new window 10.

So far, I don't know if these two applications work after I installed all these new applications. 

• JordanB

It's not an "error message".  It's a notification that certain parts of the software were not compatible with Windows 10 and those incompatible parts of the software were removed during the installation process.

• jimmiev
    jimmiev Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

if it is a driver related issue try slim drivers  free dowload updates everything on system that needs it including bluetooth