Acer Aspire E5-473G bluetooth issues.

xerst99
xerst99 Member Posts: 3 New User

I don't know if there is an existing thread on this matter. So please be kind to me on this one.

Somehow, while using my bluetooth headset listening to some music, the audio was gone. I double/triple/quad checked my audio on my laptop by turning the bluetooh on/off. The audio was fine without the BT, but when I turn it on, the audio problems remains. 

So I searched it on the net, and found that the issue was regarding the driver. When I opened my device manager, several bluetooth-related drivers had yellow triangles on it. So I "updated" those drivers and even showed "the driver/device is up to date". However, when I tried to use my BT headset again, the same thing happened - there was still no audio (Well, technically, there was a sound confirming the pairing/connected status of my BT device, and there was still some sounds from my laptop. But after a few seconds (around 10-20) later, the sound was gone.) 

There was one driver though that I updated and even "downloaded" that said driver. When it was done, somehow, I don't know why, the bluetooth on my laptop was GONE. I checked on the laptop settings, through Devices, and there were no Bluetooth to be found. I know it was there before my problem happened. 

I then checked on my Device Manager again to see what happened. Now, even the bluetooth device is gone. Smiley Sad 

Then i clicked "view hidden devices" and saw the BT drivers with a blurred icon. I've done the update again only to no avail. So what I finally did was I "uninstalled" those hidden BT drivers. I then download new BT drivers from this site hoping to reinstall the driver. But to my dismay, it didn't do anything. I checked the "Programs and Feautres" on the Control Panel to see whether the new drivers were installed. It was there but my bluetooh is still gone. 

I know this is kind of a lengthy post. I did it so you guys can check where I went wrong. I hope you can help me on this. 

Thank you and good day. 

My Laptop specs and OS:

System Model: Aspire E5-473G

Processor: Intel i3-5005U

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Go to programs and features and uninstall everything relating to Bluetooth. There are 4 bluetooth drivers for this laptop, Try the Atheros first and if the first one doesn't work, uninstall anything that got installed before you try the next one.

BluetoothAtherosBluetooth Driver (NFA335 HAI)10.0.1.059.2 MB2015/11/25Download
    BluetoothAtherosBluetooth Driver (NFA435 HAI)10.0.0.137101.6 MB2015/11/25Download
    BluetoothBroadcomBluetooth Driver12.0.1.6539.2 MB2015/11/25Download
    BluetoothIntelBluetooth Driver17.1.1532.18145.9 MB2015/11/25Download

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓

Go to programs and features and uninstall everything relating to Bluetooth. There are 4 bluetooth drivers for this laptop, Try the Atheros first and if the first one doesn't work, uninstall anything that got installed before you try the next one.

BluetoothAtherosBluetooth Driver (NFA335 HAI)10.0.1.059.2 MB2015/11/25Download
    BluetoothAtherosBluetooth Driver (NFA435 HAI)10.0.0.137101.6 MB2015/11/25Download
    BluetoothBroadcomBluetooth Driver12.0.1.6539.2 MB2015/11/25Download
    BluetoothIntelBluetooth Driver17.1.1532.18145.9 MB2015/11/25Download
  • xerst99
    xerst99 Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks a bunch. The Atheros driver did the job. I don't know where i went wrong. Perhaps it was the stacking of drivers (?). 

• philetus

Probably. If you have more than one wifi driver in the computer, they can interfere with each other.

• Geoff6
    Geoff6 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi! I also had the same problem and I tried it all, I intalled and restarted my computer then when it didn't work i Uninstalled it then installed the next one, I repeated untill I did it all but nothing worked and when I uninstalled the last one My WIFI also disappeared (.. ) I really don't know what to do now