Windows 10 install has also rendered my tc-105 useless.It installed half way and stopped.

mehim
mehim Member Posts: 1 New User

Everything I try to boot with only runs for a few seconds and then the screen goes black

The fan and power stays on the computer. I would like to be able to flash the bios from

a bootale stick I made up ,but I cannot find a bios dos ver on the acer site. I cannot get windows

or anything on computer to work.

H E L P !

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Did you create recovery media prior to loading Windows 10? I don't think a BIOS flash is going to help. I suggest trying to restore the system with recovery media, then trying the upgrade again. This device is supported for the Windows 10 upgrade, so Win 10 will work on this system.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Usually that happens when it does not have all of the 8.1 patches installed & the upgrade fails.      it then may take several hours to roll back to the previous OS. If stopped in the middle, it will go bonkers.

Once took me four days for the hevens to align so I cold get a desktop upgraded.

Now if you have a recovery flash drive or have a recovery partition, you can restore to as delivered. If you also have a system image you can get all of you settings and apps back.

If not you may need to purchase recovery media from Acer.