What's the memory model in Aspire V 15 V3-575T-7008? I would like to buy an identical one.

x2h
x2h Member Posts: 12 New User

What's the memory model in Aspire V 15 V3-575T-7008? I would like to buy an identical 8 GB memory to expand it to 16 GB. Thanks for helping.  

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

You can find the brand and the part number of the original memory module with HWINFO portable version (no installation).

Here are the original memory modules:

Spoiler
    KN.8GB07.022SODIMM.DDR3L.1600.8GB (Kingston)
    KN.8GB0B.030SODIMM.DDR3L.1600.8GB (Samsung)
    KN.8GB0G.022SODIMM.DDR3L.1600.8GB (Hynix)
    France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

You can find the brand and the part number of the original memory module with HWINFO portable version (no installation).

Here are the original memory modules:

Spoiler
    KN.8GB07.022SODIMM.DDR3L.1600.8GB (Kingston)
    KN.8GB0B.030SODIMM.DDR3L.1600.8GB (Samsung)
    KN.8GB0G.022SODIMM.DDR3L.1600.8GB (Hynix)
    France
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

x2h,

I'm not going to try to discourage you from adding 8 GB RAM to your nice laptop, but if you're looking for a performance gain, you'll find it in a SSD upgrade instead.  Unless you're a Power User running virtual machines or doing video editing, you won't see hardly any performance gains from upgrading 8GB to 16 GB. But you'll see significant speed improvement from a SSD.

Anyway....just my two cents.

http://lifehacker.com/performance-tests-show-that-16gb-of-ram-is-overkill-1724827429

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • x2h

Thanks for the advice! I have seen the article in your link before, but thanks for sharing it. Let me explain the reason for me to consider upgrading to 16 GB.

I have owned two Acer laptops. Three if I count my Acer netbook but I never got too serious with it, it's more like a toy in terms of quality and performance. The first one is an $175 entry level with Celeron CPU, 2 GB ram and 500 GB HDD. Barely usable. Upgraded to 8 GB ram and 240 GB SSD. Boy it flies! The SSD contributes more to the performance boost than the ram, but both are needed. Only problem is with CPU-intensive job such as flash. For most internet browsing, it's more than adequate. The other problem is, it's SATA II.

The second is a mid-range Core i5 with 8 GB ram and 1 TB SSD. Upgraded it with 240 GB SSD. The machine flies. The system boots up in about 12 seconds. Then I upgraded the ram to 16 GB just because I found a cheap identical 8 GB module on eBay. The laptop runs even faster after the upgrade. Boots up in 5-6 seconds, loads Chrome in 1 second. Everything is instantaneous. Unrars large files (>10 GB) in seconds (I do this a lot). I am giving this laptop to my son. I am going to hook it up with a 1080p monitor and let him use the laptop like a desktop. Anybody know if the internal battery cable can be easily unplugged from the motherboard? Last time I opened the back I forgot to check it.

I just bought the current model in this discussion (waiting for delivery) and decide to upgrade it with both SSD and 16 GB ram, since I see the difference. I agree that if you are doing normal office and internet browsing, 8 GB is enough. But for what I do, 16 GB makes a difference. Actually in my lab where we do intensive image processing, we have to install 64 GB of ram in our workstations, but again, not everyone does this much image processing at home.

Hope this explains it. Thanks again for helping!

• x2h

Sorry I meant to say the second laptop came with 1 TB *HDD* not "SSD*.

• JordanB

Thanks for sharing.  I made a false assumption about your user level.  Here's a couple more links to utilities that can display hardware stuff.

https://www.piriform.com/speccy

http://www.aida64.com/downloads

Unless the user manual for your new laptop says to disconnect the battery from the motherboard when it's being used long term as a desktop....I absolutely would not disconnect it from the motherboard.  Laptops and batteries are evolving....

What may have been standard practice and acceptable 4 years ago....doesn't necessarily apply in 2016.  Again, just my two cents.  Smiley Wink   I think the pro's of keeping the battery connected (attached) far outweigh the cons.  I would, however, make somewhat of an effort to disconnect the AC power charger every couple weeks and use the battery until it discharges 50 percent.  If you're running an i7 on high performance power plan with full screen brightness.....that probably won't take long to get to 50 percent.  Smiley Happy

You can start a new topic about battery disconnection.....and you might get more opinions.

• JordanB
  • JordanB

I should have mentioned......you should disconnect the battery from the motherboard before you upgrade ram and ssd.  It should be easy to do.  And then reconnect when you're finished installing them.

• x2h

Thanks for the reminder. Guess I was lucky last couple of times LOL. Just which end should I unplug? The batter end or the motherboard end?

• JordanB

First....

1, Remove ODD module (1 screw holds it in and then it just slides out)

2. Partially, gently remove base cover (lots of screws to unscrew)

3. Disconnect speaker cable from mainboard

4. Now you can fully remove base cover

5. disconnect battery cable from mainboard connector

6.  remove battery

Now you can upgrade ram and ssd.

The photo below..... A is the battery and B is where it connects to mainboard

batt.PNG

The photo below.....is that 1 screw that secures optical disk drive (ODD),

odd.PNG

• BlockoWood
    BlockoWood Member Posts: 1 New User

Would there be anyway for you to check what the exact part or model number the motherboard is on that model?

• Hello,

May be. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France