Acer Aspire Z1-622 & HDMI port

SpaceWalker
SpaceWalker Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello. I just bought an Acer Aspire Z1-622 'All-in-One' PC hoping to add it to my entertainment system (ie: television, amplifier, etc).

The Acer Aspire Z1-622 comes with an HDMI port, but, the manual available for that PC is not very clear if that HDMI port can/should be used as an input port (to connect the video output of a computer) or as an output port (to connect the video output of the Acer Aspire Z1-622 to a television).

I have read as many of the messages in the Acer Community as I could and found a lot of confusing suggestions as to what can and cannot be done with the HDMI port and how to use the HDMI port with an external monitor/television, but nothing about the Acer Aspire Z1-622.

Could someone with the appropriate knowledge of the Acer Aspire Z1-622 enlighten me on the purpose of the HDMI port on the Acer Aspire Z1-622.

Thanks.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Generally, if there is only 1 HDMI port on one of our all-in-one systems, it is an input port. I would like to confirm this though. Can you please provide the first 10 digits of your serial number so I can clarify?
  • SpaceWalker

Acer-Blayn wrote:

Generally, if there is only 1 HDMI port on one of our all-in-one systems, it is an input port. I would like to confirm this though. Can you please provide the first 10 digits of your serial number so I can clarify?

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Here are, as requested, the ten first digits of the serial number of my Acer Aspire Z1-622-EB52 'All-in-One' PC:

DQSZUAA002

It is quite unfortunate that Acer has decided that the 'All-in-One' computers did not need an HDMI 'output' port - the 'All-in-One' computers are probably the best type of computers to be added to an entertainment system (ie: television, amplifier, etc) because of their all inclusive design - whereas, the 'All-in-One' computers are somewhat a bit too bulky to be a second monitor - really, a poor decision/design choice on the part of Acer!

Thanks.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Spacewalker,

I was able to confirm the HDMI port is for input. It seems many users use these as monitors for gaming consoles. We do offer HDMI out on some all-in-one systems, but unfortunately, not this one. I have certainly provided your feedback on the design to our development team. Sorry, I know this is not the news you wanted to hear.
  • SpaceWalker

Indeed, I would have prefer that my new Acer Aspire Z1-622-EB52 'All-in-One' PC had an HDMI output port...

As I am getting used to the new Acer Aspire Z1-622-EB52 (and enjoying exploring Windows 10), I will find another way to display the screen of the PC onto my large screen television, possibly with an AIRTAME device or a Chromecast device.

Once again, thank you for  your assistance.

• sfeindel
    sfeindel Member Posts: 2 New User

I am trying to use it as am HDMI input, but do not understand how to enable it for use. Is there a utility that switches the monitor to HDMI instead of the windows desktop?

• SpaceWalker

Are you using the Acer Aspire Z1-622?

If yes, then look at the back of the unit - there are five (5) buttons (as shown in the image):

rear_buttons.jpg

The "Input" button (right side of the image) is the button that will toggle between the PC mode and the HDMI mode.

• sfeindel
    sfeindel Member Posts: 2 New User

Works like a charm! Thanks!

• siggian
    siggian Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same model and I'm pretty disappointed that I cannot hook up another display to my Acer Aspire Z1-622. It's a significant flaw in a computer that I like very much.

I would have much preferred an output HDMI over a card reader that I know I will never use.

• damangwchh
    damangwchh Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a different model Aspire, but there's a $40 wireless receiver you can buy to plug into your 2nd monitor.  Windows 10 supports searching and connecting to a wireless monitor if your Aspire does as well.  Connect to a Projector in the search bar or control panel to see if you can get your Aspire to search for a wireless monitor.  Also there's several USB options/adapters to connect to an external monitor out there.

• Robert36
    Robert36 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Most unfortunate that it is input only...terrible design fault.  Acer should apply itself to find a way to correct this major flaw.
  • stegermeister
    stegermeister Member Posts: 1 New User
    So, I want to use this as an input, for a console, but I cannot have just the monitor ON, I must have the whole computer up and running, to get the input to work (menahwile PC is just standing running there in the background?) WTF acer... No output, and input is just bad....
  • MedievalWeasel
    MedievalWeasel Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have an Acer Aspire Z1-621G. I want to use it as a touchscreen for another computer. I can get the computer to display on the Acer using the HDMI input. How do I now get the touchscreen to work? Is it even possible for the touchscreen to work while in HDMI mode?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It's not really possible. The touch screen digitizer is connected internally as if it were on a USB port, and that port isn't exposed to allow it to connect to a different system.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.