Aspire R13 touch keyboard

Doug400
Doug400 Member Posts: 2 New User

When in the standard notebook mode, my R13 displays an active touch keyboard icon in the toolbar.  This is OK.  However when I change to the pad mode, the touch keyboard icon is no longer displayed. How can I enable the touch keyboard in the pad mode? 

I note others have posted similar questions relating to tent mode etc and the replies make sense - you wouldn't need a keyboard in tent mode, but the keyboard should be available in pad mode

Best Answer

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Put to mouse pointer in an unused part of the tray and right click (or hold finger on display). Near the top mine shows "Show touch keyboard button". Select this and your button should be at the right end of the tray.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Put to mouse pointer in an unused part of the tray and right click (or hold finger on display). Near the top mine shows "Show touch keyboard button". Select this and your button should be at the right end of the tray.

• Doug400
    Doug400 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks Padgett

How simple can it be!  I remember when I first got the R13 that I was shown options for default configurations for each of the display positions (laptop, tent, pad etc) so was trying to find a way to go back to this area to reconfigure.  Your solution solves my problem

Thanks again